Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently went witha turbo specialties kit , got it put on, but everytime i get on it the check engine light, vsc light and trac light all come on. three sets of plugs and an o2 sensor later still comes back on...anyone else have or had this problem or could help me

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Did you upgrade the fuel delivery etc?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got 2 extra injectors with the kit and i can change the and beeing added by the boost and rpm. i have it set the way the instructions say. and i just spent 450 bucks on getting it tuned and dynoed and all they didi was change the o2 sensor and plugs

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can understand the trac light, but until you get the codes read, your really just guessing. If you can find somebody with a generic OBD II scanner and get the codes, then you have an idea where to go. Typically, cars don't set check engine lights under full throttle unless there is a missfire. They usually go into open loop and don't require o2 feedback.

Get the fault codes before you waste anymore time or money

·
Lurkin'
495 Posts
Ok..I might be way off here but, a friend of mine took off a secondary ground cable from the negative terminal of his battery that went down to the tranny and he was getting the same lights..so..give that a check..theses things are REALLY sensative to grounds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
its a P0172 code...system rich(bank 1 sensor)
Its from the extra injectors. Anytime you change out injectors in these cars or add boss injectors you will throw a hard code that will never go away. The car will still be fine but dont waste your money having someone re tune it in hopes for it to go away. Im sorry I didnt get to this thread any sooner as I may have been able to save you some money. I actually ran the TSI kit but only used the intercooler and turbo, the rest I did myself as far as fuel setup goes.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Simplyscion said:
its a P0172 code...system rich(bank 1 sensor)
Its from the extra injectors. Anytime you change out injectors in these cars or add boss injectors you will throw a hard code that will never go away. The car will still be fine but dont waste your money having someone re tune it in hopes for it to go away. Im sorry I didnt get to this thread any sooner as I may have been able to save you some money. I actually ran the TSI kit but only used the intercooler and turbo, the rest I did myself as far as fuel setup goes.
^^^The FI God has spoken!^^^

·
Registered
131 Posts
Lol, you are too funny Brad. I just wish I coulda seen this a lil bit earlier so I could help the guy out. I will keep an eye out on this thread.

·
Registered
131 Posts
nookie_motorspoprts said:
well does anyone know if the turbo would cause a rod to break through the motor???? :):)
with the wrong tune, you would snap rod like a twig...do you mean actually shooting through the block??

·
Registered
29 Posts
the trac light will always usually come on cuz the cars like whoaaa lol...just kinda startles the car :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
how much boost were you running before you broke it? that sucks that youll need a new engine if you do indeed have that crack in it. you got pics of this? im interested to see them.

thanks
scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
nookie_motorspoprts said:
yea i got a piece of the motor about the length of my thumb and a crack about 7 inches long right below that hole
Yes, its possible. The cylinder walls are very thin.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.