Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey new to the forum.. i have a 06 brand new Xb but its automatic. so would a turbo or supercharger help it at all? and what would be the best route to go and the cheapest..thanks..

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
well, i have neither but from what ive seen or read cheap isnt an option. About 2 grand and up. Which is better? I dont know but youll get between 25 to 40 horses more with one of the two.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've noticed that Turbo kits a about $500 cheaper than the S/C kits. I would go S/C, Greddy or Power Enterprise.

·
Registered
869 Posts
if you can find a place that re-fills nitrus go with that!.....you can get a nice kit under $700 and you can safely get the same power out of it....nitrus is a way better way to go......that and bult-ons

·
Registered
869 Posts
dont forget to replace your clutch....with a heavy duty one!....for the price of the racing clutch you could have had the nitrus kit...

·
Registered
82 Posts
polarproject said:
dont forget to replace your clutch....with a heavy duty one!....for the price of the racing clutch you could have had the nitrus kit...
It's an auto.... no clutch replacment needed...;)

To the OP.. you can put a turbo on an Auto and make it pretty darn fast.. I know, because I have done it.. The more money you have, the faster you can make it....

·
Registered
869 Posts
with an auto you still have a "clutch" you'll neet to upgrade it so it dosent burn out because of the tourqe gains, the stock one wont handle a turbo

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
get both, supercharger front, then rear mount turbo, the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That i know of and have been told by 2 Tc auto owners, there is a velve job that can be done to auto trannies that will help alot in holding added Hp and/or torque. Not sure if its the same for Xb as is for the Tc. Hope this helps some.

Should have bought a manual :p j/k

·
Registered
122 Posts
get both, supercharger front, then rear mount turbo, the best of both worlds.
HAHAHA and sit there burning up your tires lol. That would be sick see it on a civic **** was stupid fast but he could never keep it on the ground due to power vs. weight. Because your and auto i would vote for SC I have a SC in my hatch right now love the instant torque and response. Turbo lag will own you and your auto though but once you get up there you will need good breaks lol. Best of luck with your build be sure to read read read!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.