Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nitrous or Turbo

Lets see, I run nitrous ( shhhhh don't tell anyone, it's a secret) and have been on the stock clutch with the "juice" since week two. Now have 54k
on her. Having no problems , knock on wood , yet.

Now , with a turbo you have access to the power boost 100% of the time unlike nitrous where you use it only part of the time( wide open throttle) and only when fully in gear, if you need an explanation why that it will take awhile.

In my opinion I would definetly up grade if a turbo was added , install at the same time. With Nitrous, I am waiting until it has a problem.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Honestly, there's maintenance involved no matter what direction you go, but bang for the buck, the juice is it. Problem is, if you go too big, or miss a shift, you could have some pretty serious reprocussions. Nitrous is a big deal. A turbo is a better all around solution, but it is more expensive, and with the thin cylinder walls our engines have, it is pretty risky too. Not to mention your warranty goes out the window either way.

My advise: Do the basic mods to your box (I/H/E) and leave it at that. Even with a turbo or nitrous, you arent gonna beat very many cars. Just my .02.

Remember, most cars strive for 12's in the 1/4, we strive for 14's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.