Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turbo advice needed

anyone who already has or has ordered a turbo im just wondering where you got it from so i know where to look for one for my toaster
thanks

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
AFAIK, there really aren't any "production" kits right now. I know of one set-up that has lasted a while now, but some of the early attempts ended up w/ snapped connecting rods.

The 1nz was never really designed to be turbo'd. Its an economy motor meant to get good gas mileage for commuting.

In all honesty, I would rather spend the money for a Supercharger, than for a Turbo. Running a SC has less quirks to worry about and is a bit easier to tune.

Also, most can install a SC in their driveway in a weekend.

Turbo set-ups need to be tuned and re-tuned to make sure they are running properly. There are other issues w/ fuel management and delivery that need addressing also.

Not trying to dissuade you, but installing turbo isn't as easy as installing a SC, and turbo set-ups require constant maintenance.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Go with the Greddy SC! My friend got his installed a couple days ago and it took 3 hours by a friend who used to install SC for Ford trucks. The kit is a true bolt on and is more reliable and cheaper than a turbo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
when is Scion going to be releasing a Turbo or SC for the XB? I was dumb enough to get the warranty on mine and I still have about 57,000 miles left on it

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I know for a fact that TRD tested intercooled and non-intercooled turbo set-ups on xBs.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
riotcityrocker said:
im assuming i cant get BOV with a supercharger
The half dozen people I know that have the Blitz or GReddy are not.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got a turbo system on mine and from other forums I've read, supercharged is less troublesome than turbocharging for the xb. To "fix" my system of some of the problems it is having guess what? I have to spend more money to get a fuel management system that will really work as opposed to the apexi safc2 that I currently have...but I'm probably looking at spending another $1000-1500 (emanage ultimate, return fuel line, fuel regulator, fuel rail, retuning) just to get things fixed once and for all...of course once I do that, I will probably get more hp than a supercharged system.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
SC are all internally oiled which makes them better for daily driven cars and there's no lag but it does take power to make power. Turbos need to be dialed in and are more tunable for your style of driving. Research both and find what fits for your application

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.