Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFAIK, there really aren't any "production" kits right now. I know of one set-up that has lasted a while now, but some of the early attempts ended up w/ snapped connecting rods.

The 1nz was never really designed to be turbo'd. Its an economy motor meant to get good gas mileage for commuting.

In all honesty, I would rather spend the money for a Supercharger, than for a Turbo. Running a SC has less quirks to worry about and is a bit easier to tune.

Also, most can install a SC in their driveway in a weekend.

Turbo set-ups need to be tuned and re-tuned to make sure they are running properly. There are other issues w/ fuel management and delivery that need addressing also.

Not trying to dissuade you, but installing turbo isn't as easy as installing a SC, and turbo set-ups require constant maintenance.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stylis said:
Actually Greddy makes a kit for the box already and is about $3500. That doesn't include the intercooler. They have it listed in their latest catalog and the tC is in there too, but doesn't have a part number yet.
That kit is not released yet and won't be hitting the US until March sometime. :eek: If you notice in my thread, I stated, "there really aren't any "production" kits right now".

I'm looking into GReddy products also. :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stylis said:
Orders can be taken for the kits already, so anyone can still order and be first in line for their kits. The kits are already made, just need to get them over here and sell them.
Actually, GReddy has a list of distributors, and has a certain allocation to each, for initial shipments. So if one distributor has 6 people on the list but only gets three, the bottom three will have to go elsewhere, or wait for the next shipment.

As is the current situation w/ the GReddy Supercharger.

Please don't ask me how I know, and no, this is not coming from Rishie/Auto RnD.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I already know of one shop that will have the production greddy turbo ready to go. Not really a secret and doesn't really matter anyway, greddy turbos will be everywhere, for scion xBs, in 6 months.

So to answer the main question, I would recomend greddy for your turbo install needs.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I'm not going to be suckered into your internet tirades anymore and your try at contradicting what I post and know. Post away in 6 months this turbo set-up so everyone can see it then. But wait, the GReddy turbo is hitting the US in March!! Isn't March in two months? :eek:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, please let me know how you intend to deal w/ the fuel delivery problem from the fuel tank, Mr implied turbo expert, and what the psi is OEM, and what the psi is that is needed.

I already know, but want the "expert" to confirm for me so I won't be wrong in the future, just in case.

·
Registered
657 Posts
squirrel said:
But wait, the GReddy turbo is hitting the US in March!! Isn't March in two months? :eek:
If thats what you got the info on, than ok.

But I said that the turbo will be everywhere in 6months. Meaning not special order or on a waiting list.

·
Registered
657 Posts
squirrel said:
BTW, please let me know how you intend to deal w/ the fuel delivery problem from the fuel tank, Mr implied turbo expert, and what the psi is OEM, and what the psi is that is needed.

I already know, but want the "expert" to confirm for me so I won't be wrong in the future, just in case.

That is not part of the topic title and not an original question by the topic starter. The topic was answered already.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stylis said:
That is not part of the topic title and not an original question by the topic starter. The topic was answered already.
I'm replying to what you have posted, so if you're saying I'm off-topic, then you are also!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Stylis said:
Actually Greddy makes a kit for the box already and is about $3500. That doesn't include the intercooler. They have it listed in their latest catalog and the tC is in there too, but doesn't have a part number yet.

I have answered the topic already, please stop.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
squirrel said:
That kit is not released yet and won't be hitting the US until March sometime. :eek: If you notice in my thread, I stated, "there really aren't any "production" kits right now".
Hmm deja vu'.

·
Registered
219 Posts
wow that's freakin expensive! $3500! what kind of hp are they expecting? and are they supplying the ecu to go with it? sorry, jus lazy to go look on their website

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nothing is posted on the website yet, but info has been passed on to dealers. I'll see if I can get a sheet scanned for you. And then there is still the install and tuning. Not too mention a few other upgrades that might be a smart thing to do.

But I'll let the "experts" state what those upgrades should be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
which provided more power for the box? a sc or turbo?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lucky110 said:
which provided more power for the box? a sc or turbo?
A turbo will provide more hp, but in terms of reliabilty, and being user friendly, a Supercharger is a better choice.

I know of only one turboi set-up on the left coast that was dyno'd at 143 whp, and has been running consistently for about a year now.

With a Supercharger, you don't have to worry about the fuel delivery/management as much, or make other changes that are a "must" for turbo set-ups.

Stylis said:
Actually I have no idea on how the turbo is going to be set-up for fuel or ECU. When I order mine from Greddy the good people at Auto Innovations are going to help me with the install and bring some of their own techs to help me out. I am no turbo expert and never said I was. I go with what I know and the guys at Auto Innovations turned me to Greddy. If you are having some problems with your set-up I am sorry to hear that. Maybe steve and orlando can help you out as well. I know that there is a nice FI section on Scionlife. I may hit that up. Hope your arm gets better Brad, see you at JDM theroy. :D
Really!?! Not a turbo expert, but why all of the info to contradict what I post allof the time?

I didn't know Steve and Orlando were doing turbo installs now. :eek: When did they start doing that?

Funny, I was just talking to Orlando about something else and I saw this post. And I guess it must be a really big secret or something cuz Orlando said that they don't do turbo work there, just tire, whjeel, suspension, and other bolt on parts, but not turbos. :eek:

Maybe you meant to type in Auto RnD instead? And it not my turbo set-up as I haven't had any income for the past 3 months, and wouldn't want to run turbo because its a 1nz.

I was asked my opinion about another xB that has FI, and what possible solutions I knew about.

You may see me, but that doesn't mean you're going to talk to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.