Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the TRD struts/shocks provide a "more" compliant ride. That sounded good, i like a comfortable ride wherin I'm not bouncing around every time i hit bumps on the road. Somewhere else i read that the TRD struts/shocks are what you need if you are planning on lowering your ride. Well, I am not planning on lowering my ride, so...the question is, if i am not lowering my ride, is there a comfort differance between the stock set up and the TRD struts/shock setup that would make this something i want to have? Thanx, rbarrett

·
Registered
454 Posts
it's not going to make a huge difference. I have the TRD package and I think it's the way the car should have come factory. However the difference in ride is very minmal. I still get beat riding down the roads. I do live near Washington DC and the roads here suck, but even on the nicer paved roads I never felt a huge difference. If you can get them for a good price I say why not, but otherwise I'd look into the koni's or monroe replacements. On a side note, I have heard many people complain that the TRD's don't last too long. I checked them the other day and they are not leaking but I have noticed the ride is not nearly as tight as the first few months that I had them on. Hopefully someone else chimes in and can give you some more info.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think there is a difference. I ordered the TRD shocks from a Dealer online. The ones I got were marked Waydo Sportivo. They are the TRD shocks but there are no TRD markings on them. I even got a Waydo Sportivo vinyl sticker with them. They look identical to the TRD's just not marked TRD. As far as I know TRD really doesn't make any of their own stuff they just rebadge performance stuff from other companies. THe rims offered by the dealer you know the TRD one's. All they are are rebadge racing harts. . . if I remember that correctly. As far as I can tell there isn't a difference. hope that helps more then it confuses.

·
Registered
454 Posts
yup, like I said I really don't think there is a difference. I do hear that they go out around 30k miles. I got about 20k on mine. So far the ride doesn't seem any worse, but if it is it's really subtle.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Damn! I have 125,000 on a set of Tokico shocks on a Honda Civic and they are like new. I kid you not. Good stuff. Unfortunately they don't make replacements for xB's yet.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If I am correct in my assumption all the TRD shocks/struts for the xB's are made by Tokico. Japanese or not I think they are all Tokico. I know mine said Waydo Sportivo, but it was stamped said Tokico. . . as far as I am concerned they are Tokico. Now if they would release the Tokico AGX for a decent price I'd go with those on the B.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You are correct. Tokico makes the TRD struts and shocks for the xB. I have a set sitting right here I just looked at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.