Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need some help. This weekend I went and purchase the TRD Short Shifter for my box. Part Number #33530-NP100. The part looks correct however I am not sure. On the box it says its for the xA..

Are both the xB and xA TRD Short Shifter's the same???

I did a google and Yahoo search on the part numbers and I have come up with numerous parts numbers which doesn't comfirm the info I need.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hope this helps

http://www.hopupracing.com/pescxaadshsh.html

I would maybe give them a call. It looks like Perrin is universal for xA and xB but the B&M racing one is not. I don't know for sure as I have not installed one myself. I don't want to give information that I am not sure of but give hop up racing a call and they will be able to help you for sure.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.hopupracing.com/pescxaadshsh.html

I would maybe give them a call. It looks like Perrin is universal for xA and xB but the B&M racing one is not. I don't know for sure as I have not installed one myself. I don't want to give information that I am not sure of but give hop up racing a call and they will be able to help you for sure.

Hope this helps.
Thanks...

Anyone else have any inputs on this...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think they are the same, just not for the TC. xA and xB have the same center console don't they.?

I have it. Don't remember what my box said.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they are the same, just not for the TC. xA and xB have the same center console don't they.?

I have it. Don't remember what my box said.
Yea, I know the TC is diff... But dont know if the xA and xB are the same. I have tried looking up part numbers and numerous websites that I have visited have given me a diff part number.

I just want to make sure I have the right part before i start a tear down and do the install.

Padanky, was the install hard?? Did you run into any problems?? From the looks of it it pretty straight forward and easy to do but since I never really messed with the xB's shifter I don't know.

On my Camry the shifter was easy to change. The only time consuming part was taking apart the damn center console.

PLEASE HELP ME CONFIRM THIS PART NUMBER. I want to do the install sometime this weekend.

I called a few places and I also looked up TRS Sparks website and they have a diff part number as well..

Don't know if any had this problem when they bought the TRD short shifter.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey kenny, it's the same. i had one and sold it to a guy with a vitz up in canada. they are the same for sure.
Cool... Thanks Ted....

Now time to prep and take apart the center console...
For those who have it installed did you notice a big difference???

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Install is pretty straight forward from what I can remember. 20 minutes tops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.