Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of upgrading stock shift knob to TRD knob.
Has anybody done this?
2015 stock knob

TRD knob (PTR51-00110)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Indeed. Not an identical situation as mine was 1st Gen xB with manual transmission, but similar since I went from OEM stock plastic to TRD leather, see attached pix.

One note, there are many "TRD" knobs on eBay. Most are fakes made from inferior materials. I tried one that looked just like the genuine TRD knob, but it was a poor quality knock-off, that I re-sold (fully disclaiming that it was a fake). The leather wasn't real, it had a very bad odor, it was very light, it wasn't the same size and the threads were easy to strip. It was about $12. I then ordered the genuine TRD knob for about $40. It was perfect. Real leather, good heft, perfect size & fit. Well worth the money.

Go for genuine TRD.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In researching the possible switch, found that the TRD shift knob can be used on the tC but no mention of being able to use on the xB. Anybody able to shed some light on this? Thanks oin advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This should be helpful info for you:

Shift Knob Thread Sizes
Toyota™ - most models - automatic transmission: 8mm x 1.25
Toyota™ - most models - manual transmission: 12mm x 1.25

You can use pretty much any other same transmission shift knob from any other Toyota/Scion/Lexus. It will "fit". Meaning, it will screw on properly and stay tightened.

There are other great alternatives to TRD on eBay, an example from Lexus is attached.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts