Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed about 6 months ago, 30min install.
$175 at dealer.

Things I noticed:

Shifter not as loose (less play)
Shorter throw.
Not much shorter in hieght.
Takes a little getting used to.
I Wanted to shift too fast.
Comes with TRD knob.

Recommend

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
running down to take a pic for you now.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the TRD Shifter on mine. To fix the Boot, I took a Zip Tie to the inside of it when you install the shifter. It is tied tight around the top of the shift rod now. I will get a pic and post it up later to show what I am talking about.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I threw out the shifter knob and just put the OEM one back on. I had mine on since it was first released and have had no problems w/ it either. Surprising since I did the install!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first installed it, I planned on sewing a small pleat in the top of the boot. I just never done it, And it does'nt really bother me the way it is.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Padanky said:
When I first installed it, I planned on sewing a small pleat in the top of the boot. I just never done it, And it does'nt really bother me the way it is.
I know what you mean, I had big plans to fix my boot cause it really bugged me when I first installed the short shift kit, I eventualy got used to it, plus I'm really effin lazy!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DJ Unknown said:
I know what you mean, I had big plans to fix my boot cause it really bugged me when I first installed the short shift kit, I eventualy got used to it, plus I'm really effin lazy!!

True, True.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, new here .found this site through scionlife . Its a awesome site dedicated to xB's only .
Anyways ,with my trd shifter I filed out the inside of the stock chrome(plastic) piece so it would slide over the thicker shifter .It looks stock and pretty easy .
Agian love the site .:)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
IEBLKBX said:
Hey guys, new here .found this site through scionlife . Its a awesome site dedicated to xB's only .
Anyways ,with my trd shifter I filed out the inside of the stock chrome(plastic) piece so it would slide over the thicker shifter .It looks stock and pretty easy .
WELCOME to Club xB IEBLKBX!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
IEBLKBX said:

same thing here! it looks like the original by doing this.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I enlarged the hole in the plastic ring at the top. But then again I had already replace the factory boot anyway. Has anyone else noticed that the entire shift lever is set more to the right than the stock?

·
Registered
762 Posts
when i installed my GReddy weighted knob the boot hung down and the silver trim looked cheap and unfinished. i took the console out, turned the chrome trim piece upside-down and reinstalled everything. looks a THOUSAND times better...

taken from "the other site":

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.