Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Clear bra guy has clear rims. If you dont mind, can someone post some info. in these wheels? Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
saw them at SEMA... still undecided as to whether I like them or not. I sadly have no picture of them but there is one floating around scionlife of the clear rims...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a little pricey, and the start at 22"s

But those arent 22"s on the box. They must run about $1200 per wheel for 18"s.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Hahaha! Jim photoshopped those wheels on his box after someone posted pics of that Z about a year ago.

The Phoenix doesn't have a five lug conversion... Yet!!

*Edit* Matty, you're quicker than me!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well then he is skilled with photoshop isnt he.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Those rims will stay clear for exactly two stops before they are stained with brake dust and scratched by something.

Cool idea though. But I wouldn't run them on our cars. Who would want to see our tiny brakes?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Its gotta get hot too. There is not circulation to the brakes from the outside. You know they say the stock steelies wear out the brakes much faster than the alloy ones do.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
would be neat if they were lit from the inside with a spinner on them. otherwise, they really show how ugly dirty brakes are. How embarrasing

·
Registered
165 Posts
Their's plenty of room on the scion to fabricate brakes ducts. Though there is no way you could keep those clean.

Even with the hardest of the hard ceramic pads...

Unfortunately rotors eventually rust too...

They are pretty badass anyway. Almost worth buying a truck to tow your car around in so that they don't get dirty!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts