Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question.... my box is an 06 and it has just under 800 miles. everytime i down shift from 3 to 2nd gear, the clutch seems to make a ticking noise. its not loud to where i can hear it but i can feel it on my left foot. could anyone tell me what it is? it still has warranty but i dont want to take it to the dealer if its just the car breaking in. a similar thing happens when shifting from 4th to 5th. when i let the clutch out the trans kinda makes a thud noise, again- it is not loud. i cant hear it, just feel it. should i be concerned??

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
wait for a few miles, I'd say about 1,000. Once some more miles are put on, and it's still doing it, then definetly take it in.

But if it's the clutch which is the problem, it won't be covered under waranty.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
No way they will not cover a clutch on a car with under 1000 miles. If I had a dealership tell me they wouldn't cover a trashed clutch with only 1000 miles, you better bet I would raise hell. I'd be contacting the BAR, BBB, and a sue happy lawyer quicker than you can say "Broke down box."

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Clutch is not covered under the waranty at any mileage. I asked everyone I met at the dealership that question when I was buying my car.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Technically it isn't covered. But any dealership worth it's salt is going to cover a clutch that goes out in under 1000 miles. It would be worth much more to them to fix it than to deal with the headaches it would cause not to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.