Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 BOP xB that I purchased in 12-2005. It is in good shape and has about 12,000 miles on it.

Because Scion is discontinuing the xB, I kind of want to trade mine in and get a new one, probably another 06 BOP, maybe the 2006.5.

Do you think a dealership would be interested in handling the whole deal, or should I just sell my xB and go buy a new one?

Any input would be appreciated. I bought my xB at Toyota of Dallas.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I did notice that almost all the xB's up for sale on eBay have a Buy it Now prices for between 9k and 13k, they just aren't going for much on eBay anymore. Stock ones anyway, people seem to be buying up the modded ones though.

I think the dealer would work with you since it is so new. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I tried to trade mine with less than 12,000('06 PW before I wrecked it) on a newer one and the two local dealers wouldn't bite.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough.......guess I'll give em a call. I kind of want a new one, although I can certainly live with mine. It's in great shape.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Why trade?

You will lose money no matter what you do and for what? I mean you only have 12k miles on it, it will last you another 30 billion miles knowing Toyota's reliability.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I think I'm gonna just keep mine.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate everone on this site.

Plus what if I got a lemon? I'd be so pissed.......

·
Registered
869 Posts
you just broke it in.....and now you want to trade it in??? WTF just maintain it, and it will last years......i was looking at the consumer reports today and the 05 and 06 got one of the best overall rating for its class......i think your xb will hold up just fine......besides, what are you going to do when your new one gets 12,000 miles on it?......dont trade it in you will just be upside-down on your loan, if you went that route....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Or you could have a late 06.5 with way less miles than everyone. I was thinking the same thing. Since mine is wrecked, I'm gonna end up with one anyway. I literally loved my xB.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Chromium. I think that you get it. I just kind of want one of the

last new xBs.

But I probably won't do it.

I just love the car..........

·
Registered
93 Posts
i want to do the same thing i own a 2005 12500 miles on it
i just want to trade mine for a manual transmition
but the dealer offer me just $8000 for it
they have one in worst condition than mine for $17500 stock

if you guys are intersted in a my 2005 BSP xb IS FOR SALE automatic 11200 miles the car is in super GOOD contidition

stock or with mods

SPECS.

TEIN lowering kit
18" panther rims
DC STRUT bar
Short Ram intake
bB Red "ground system"
OEM wing
Veley windows visors
bB oil cap
One Ton Garage 10mm. spacer
bB emblems hatch and front grill
PRO-Painted Blackout tail lights
Cleared headlights
STRUP 2.0 exaust
STRUP Headers
15% All around tinting
Eartquake amplifier kit
6.5" MEMPHIS class M front and rear speakers
DYNAMAT installed in front doors and hatch
3" massive audio tweeters
cold cathode under dash lighting
Remote start Alarm w/ pager Ungo
Sony stereo faceplate color change ( 7 colors)

any questions or offers [email protected] o PM me

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I was trying to get the torched penny, the dealer offered me 10,700. Carmax said they would give me 11000, but that still left me upside down. it is an 05 with 25000 miles on it. I decided it was best to keep mine because I can have it paid for in two years. If I traded it, I would pay for the next six years and probably regret it, unless it was the torched penny.

You are wise to keep the one you have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.