Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I actually test drove a Yaris Sedan. To me it didn't seem to "give you that little extra" like the Scion brand does in both amenities and style for a low price. It made me feel as if I was driving a middle aged Echo or mini clone of the Camry.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Has the look of a Scion, without the extra's.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i think it was the right choice to leave it as a toyota. Theres a lot of stubborn people who wont stray from a particular brand, even if its made by the same parent company. So i think business wise it was a smart move to leave it as a toyota, they needed a cheap car similar to the echo to serve a certain demographic.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It would've been easier to sell them as a Scion. It would avoid the whole, "Look, I can't discount the damn thing $1000 because there's only $700 markup in it in the first place and I want my family to eat this month!"

Anyway, no, it needs more standard features to be a Scion.

-Alex

·
Registered
367 Posts
bB626 said:
TRD made 20's???
Hmmm...now you are making me 2nd guess myself. Do TRD's not come that large?

The stealership is only a mile from my pad, so I will dbl check. I am almost 100% positive they were 20's though. Ive seen 20's on a box and that looked pretty wacky. 20's on the Yaris looks....well, it made about as much sense as 20's on a Geo metro.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't fit in a Yaris... I'm a tall and well let's just say there is allot of me LoL, so it didn't take long when I got behind the wheel to decide it wasn't for me.

I couldn't get the seat to go back far enough for my knees to have clearance from the dash.

The commercials are cute, but don't think I'll be runnin out to get one :)

IMO

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
I dont think so....

Yaris
The fabric is cheaper (next to my 2005 box, in 06 the fabric got cheaper, but not this cheap.) And it is too smooth, it does not have the ridges that our fabric has.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.