Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, kinda not wanting to do the Bb route as everyone seems to do that. What I was thinking, however, was to do Toyota badges front and rear. I'm sorta leaning towards a non badged front with a mesh style grill to match the stock honeycomb look, but was wanting to get rid of the big Scion badge in back.

I know the rear badge has two holes and I don't want to get into bodywork to have them filled, etc. So, I thought the Toyota badge would look cool.

Question then is what Toyota do I need to order a set of badges from? In other words, which Toyota car has the proper sized badge that will simply plug right into the Scion holes and fill the front spot?

Any help would be cool. I searched and didn't seem to find pics or anything. I'd like to see if anyone's done it and what it looks like.... I'd love to replace the Scion steering wheel one, as well...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ummm i took off the "xb" emblem, and the "Scion" emblem and there was no holes at all.

as for steering wheel, you have to find an airbag from a bB or another toyota that would fit in. i smoothed mine out and have it painted on mine.

and as for fitted Toyota badge to Scion emblem, theres no holes, so I wouldnt know. And to be authentic, theres absolutely no "Toyota" badge on the exterior of a true bB. Just so ya know.

Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have one on the grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScionScotty said:
ummm i took off the "xb" emblem, and the "Scion" emblem and there was no holes at all.

as for steering wheel, you have to find an airbag from a bB or another toyota that would fit in. i smoothed mine out and have it painted on mine.

and as for fitted Toyota badge to Scion emblem, theres no holes, so I wouldnt know. And to be authentic, theres absolutely no "Toyota" badge on the exterior of a true bB. Just so ya know.

Scotty
I guess I thought the rear one had holes (Scion logo below rear wiper). I don't know where I heard a guy filled and eliminated his, but maybe it is an older Scion XB deal...

I don't want to be "authentic" anyways due to the fact that a ton of guys do Bb transformations. The thing is, the Bb is kinda played out and with the fact there are more Toyota logos on the thing than Scion, I thought it would stand out a bit...

So, where do I grab a Toyota logo like on Padanky's ride? Is that from an older Camry or something?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Lizard1 said:
So, where do I grab a Toyota logo like on Padanky's ride? Is that from an older Camry or something?

Toyota Tacoma (newer)

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
no xB's whatsoever have ever had wholes under the emblems.... he may have been talking about shaving the rear wiper whole...and also talked about the emblems, and you got confused.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Couldn't someone just look at the SL sticker on the back and figure it out? I guess not. I had someone ask me questions about my box while doing 70 on the Highway. some people...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the brave little toaster said:
THAT's the look I want. Except, I am dropping the XB and keeping it off w/o replacing it with a bB emblem...

What was the vehicle that you ordered that one off of?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tomas said:
I like the rather anonymous 'badge' I have on the rear of my box. Since I have no front, rear, or wheel badges hinting at marque, one of the frequent questions is "What is it???" :D

http://www.clubxb.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2459

Tomas
The emblem is cool, but I want a Toyota one. Plus, you ought to drop the XB emblem if you want them to scratch their heads on what it is...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Padanky said:
Toyota Tacoma (newer)
Thanks, man. I may do that emblem in the back where the XB one is and eliminate the Scion badge. If I remove the front emblem and the raised base off the grill, isn't there holes?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sir said:
no xB's whatsoever have ever had wholes under the emblems.... he may have been talking about shaving the rear wiper whole...and also talked about the emblems, and you got confused.
I think you're right. I was close. There is a hole in the back - just where the wiper is. I'm an idiot!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
keyeasy said:
What is the best way to remove the Scion and xB emblem on the back. Do you just yank them off? If so, I'm doing it today.
The info is in this thread:

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/4155-how-exactly-do-i-remove-my/

There's some silly stuff and plain ol' goofiness (I'm by no means involved), but the answer is in there...

Honestly, heat up with a hair dryer and pull 'em off. Some guys use dental floss, some peel with fingers, and I used a wood popsicle stick...

·
Registered
60 Posts
THANKS!!! And so it shall be done. I tried to move it a little and Wednesday. They seem like they would come off pretty easy but I was not sure.

Is there any residue that you have to clean off after removing the emblems (i.e. glue that held the emblems on)?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like the Scion emblem, I can't imagine removing them. I've been buying Scion key chains with the notion of cutting them apart and adding the logo to more places.
Just as a side note there is a guy around here to took a 2 door civic and made it look like a Mercedes Benz. I can't describe it in a way that does it justice, but when you look at it you'd swear its a Mercedes Benz.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.