Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 06 xB that I use for work. I wanted to know what types of springs and/or shocks/struts would help when towing without dropping the whole box a lot. I will be towing a trailer approx 500 lbs around the city a couple times a month. I have seen a couple of hitches on etrailer.com, but wanted to know where to buy one that comes out of the middle of the bumper or some pics of those with them and how they mounted them. Also, what do I need to wire up the tail lights?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

·
Registered
69 Posts
cveklund said:
Hello, I have an 06 xB that I use for work. I wanted to know what types of springs and/or shocks/struts would help when towing without dropping the whole box a lot. I will be towing a trailer approx 500 lbs around the city a couple times a month. I have seen a couple of hitches on etrailer.com, but wanted to know where to buy one that comes out of the middle of the bumper or some pics of those with them and how they mounted them. Also, what do I need to wire up the tail lights?

Thank you in advance,
Chris

You might want to spend some time reading these two threads:

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/1777-scion-xb-trailer/

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/3329-trailer-hitch/

For 500# you will not need any suspension mods. A hitch to come out of the middle of the bumper is a custom made hitch, no commercial makers. The wiring will depend on what your trailer requires, usually a flat 4 wire. If you don't know what you are doing I would suggest that you have a trailer supply place do the wiring.

·
Registered
82 Posts
towing with the box???

I'm sure you realize the box was'nt made for towing.?! I guess it should be able to handle towing 500lbs on occassion but... If you "search" for "trailer hitch" you should get some info that will help you. Not many people use the xb as a truck. There is a guy on here that tows his jet ski's with his box so maybe he can help you. It sounds like you might want an adjustable suspension but air aint cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.