Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for reviews from anyone that tows their xB behind a motorhome/truck/etc.

What brand tow bar do you use? Is it good? Easy to use/install/remove?

looking at this one:

cant post link:mad:

blue ox brand on etrailer web site.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
no but its a best seller with Camping World.... so its gotta be pretty good if people keep referring people to buy it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see the owners man says to turn key to acc while towing with all four wheels on the ground.

Does it count the miles when being towed? Or is I had an older mitsubishi that I towed from Texas back to Michigan and, hehe it had 1100 more miles on it when I got it home.

I'm thinking on the newer cars the electronics is off? So no mileage counting if its towed?

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
it shouldnt count the miles because its being TOWED.. but ive only trailered my box...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mitsu was a 91 mighty max. Rear wheel drive, stick shift. Key off, on a tow dolly with rear wheels on ground.

Just looking into the possibility of towing my 2011 xB...

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
well with a tow dolly the rear wheels have 0 sensors in relation to the tranny and odometer... thats all it is...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. Dont want to use my tow dolly tho.

I was at a camper dealer today. Got a couple tow bar part #s to research. I'll post back if I do anything

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
I would not tow anything with a FWD vehicle. For that matter I would not tow with IRS either. They have enough tranny problems without drgging something behind them.
Wow you missed the point of this all together

Sent from my USCC-US760 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just spent big bucks having Roadmaster install base plate on '06.5 xB, and using a Roadmaster "Sterling" tow bar behind the Motorhome... tows really nice..... manual trans .......retirement is calling me

no pic's just yet

red

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you run in neutral, or depress the clutch to save the trans?
I run in neutral, and, max tow speed of 55, also every 200 miles stop and idle the xB for 5 minutes to spin the oil, as per Roadmaster.
0:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts