Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swerved to miss a deer the friday before last and ran off the road and wrecked my car. I'm too upset to think about it still. May get another may not. I had just got it back from the body shop. People say that I should've hit the deer. But that was the last thing I was thinking when I came around this corner and came upon this big buck. The xB tried to stay on the road. The right wheels were on a narrow gravel shoulder... It tried for about 50 yards... then It went down an embankment spun around and came to rest buried in blackberry bushes 8 feet deep. I got cut to s**t climbing out and up to the roadway(I was wearing shorts). Peace my friends. I may or may not be around. Carl, I'll e-mail you. I love that car. My kids called it "Princess" because it was so well taken care of.
Dave:(

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Your box did the best it could to protect you. It tried.

Sad to hear it was totaled.

Take care,
Tomas

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
noooo! glad to hear your ok though. wish your was in better shape. do you have any pics? it's for sure totaled or is that just what your guessing?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's gone. I had to have a tow truck follow me out there. It took him almost 2 hours to get it up the to the road. At one point he called for back up. At one point as it was being pulled it was submarining under the blackberries. The dude said the he preferred the snow of South Dakota to Oregon blackberries.
The structural stability of the passenger compartment was excellent. I didn't sustain any injuries due to the wreck. I sprained my ankle real bad walking iin and around on top of this sea of blackberries. And sustained innumerable cuts due to the BBerries. The car held up great.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'm glad you're okay, Dave (minus the cuts, bruises, and sprained ankle), and happy to hear your xB went down fighting.

Don't know what the future holds for ya, but concentrate on healing up right now. And do keep us posted.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
ouch!!!

glad your alright......:) ....and new xb or whatever dont go to far from friends good thing you didn't hit deer they might come through windsheild and hit you especially a big buck ive seen pics of what a deer can do to a ride and occupants when it goes through into compartment not pretty some one has more plans for ya :) :) :) :)

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Aww man I'm so sorry to hear it. Hey if there is anything I can do let me know. I'm just glad your ok my friend. You can replace your ride and I know it won't be the same but maybe better.Yea email me and if I can get up your way I'll try to drop by and see ya.
Peace my brother everything will work out.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
man that sucks. hope you get another one and stick around here. you'll need another car to replace it and this one was quite safe so best bet would be to stick with the xb bro.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Damn, that really sucks! I am so sorry to hear your car didn't do so good, but I'm glad you're all right. That's the most important thing. You must be pretty heartbroken though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Man, Chrom, what a frightening ordeal.:( For true, it sure is a good thing yah missed that deer. You should get another one cuz you know what they say...when you climb out of a box, its best to climb right back into one...or sumpthin like that! Best of luck. Glad you are all right. :)

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
sorry about what happened but glad to hear that you were able to walk away safe after all that bruises and scratches... that was a good fight the box put out there... no need to leave the thread... once a fellow xBer always a fellow xBer...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ what Ryan said, that sucks.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Dude that's so sad. :'( :( I hope you get another xB and we're all glad you're ok. Sounds like the xB put up a good fight. Damn deer though. Grrrr....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sorry to hear the Box is gone but glad you're not seriously hurt. I'm going on a blackberry boycott in protest of what happen to your Box. ( i really don't like blackberries anyway) Get better soon!

Maybe when your feeling better you can post a pictorial tribute to your beloved Box.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but glad that your ok.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks. I am real sorry to hear about your box, but I am real glad to hear youre OK. The box did a good job protecting you, so you should get another. Thats a proven saftey record if you ask me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out without much harm to yourself. Sorry about the box....hmmm,what do you think about the 4.0 series color? Maybe a Torched Penny in your future??:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds like you need another box to me. Glad that you're ok, you definitely did the right thing avoiding a big buck.

Look at it as an opportunity to get one of the last ones made!

·
Registered
198 Posts
DAMN...your ride was sweet...However......the box dun good and no other vehicle could have dun better.....

conclusion = Time for a Torched Penny Box!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.