Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here a snowboarder? Is your XB lowered? I'm considering lowering my XB, but I am an avid boarder, I head up to Big Bear, Mt. High, and Mammoth every year and I'm just wondering if lowering the XB makes it tougher on the drive, when you're chained up? Any one have experience with this???? Oh yeah, I have the 18" TRD 5 spoke rims. I love them.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
bolo1g2 said:
Anyone here a snowboarder? Is your XB lowered? I'm considering lowering my XB, but I am an avid boarder, I head up to Big Bear, Mt. High, and Mammoth every year and I'm just wondering if lowering the XB makes it tougher on the drive, when you're chained up? Any one have experience with this???? Oh yeah, I have the 18" TRD 5 spoke rims. I love them.
If you're running 18's and you're considering using tire chains I would pass on the lowering springs. You won't have enough clearance for the hardware in the wheel well. If you kept your steelies you can put them on to use with the chains. That's why I kept mine. :D

Here are the 18's with TRD springs, a 1.5 drop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are my rims!!! I felt so original. Thanx for the info. My XB came with the TRD wheels only, I was thinking about getting the steel wheels, but not sure about lowering. Thanx for the info though. Appreciate it. Will be doing more cosmetic mods to the car as time progresses.

·
Registered
552 Posts
not to be rude but why you need chains??
I lived in Glendora and boarded up at Snowvalley all the time. Never needed chains to get there.
Now I live in WA and we get snow by the feet, never used chains here either.

I am 2.25" lowered and drive in the snow just fine with only the stock tires. Have not seen the deep snow yet but I don't think I'll have any problems then either.

Just learn to drive in the snow and you should be good :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brother. I was raised in Washington. I know how to drive in snow, sleet, hail, rain, etc. I've needed chains going up to the mountains before. With such a light car, I don't wanna take the chance. In SoCal, I've need chains once going up to Bear Mountain. So I'm speaking from experience. Enjoy your lowered XB, but I'm gonna be buying chains...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.