1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased January 8th,

First thing noise deadner.

Then off time to start painting.

Switches

Window post

Rear Wiper

Grills (rs3 grill on a rs4 and honey comb painted)

Blue LED's

Dash enhancements

Engine compartment (engine cover, fuse covers ect)

Engine cowling

Cowling removed, including wiper motor and wipers, this is normally semi gloss black

Cowling painted 3R2 Torched Penny

And the latest thing, 31 LED's in the rear wing. To install them well you dont want to know, but I had to cut a sizable home in the back of the wing and then fill it back in or cover it. Still in the works!!!

31 holes

LED's with resistors

31 LEDs wired up

All lit up

The wing isnt done yet, I have to paint it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Where did you get it all painted, do it all yourself again? Hows the 3rd brake light look finished from inside? Looks good!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
‘Congrats Skeeter, first post of the day to make me swear out loud :D

So nice. . . It would be killer to see your entire fleet in person.

The only thing I would suggest is painting the white housing on the headlights (assuming you’re staying stock for awhile).

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
way cool Skeeter,

to bad you cant make the wing leds sequential or back and forth for that scylon :D look

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
‘Congrats Skeeter, first post of the day to make me swear out loud :D

So nice. . . It would be killer to see your entire fleet in person.

The only thing I would suggest is painting the white housing on the headlights (assuming you’re staying stock for awhile).
Liesjemt, that is on my agenda, I was going to do why I had the grills out but I was ready to be done.

Padanky, I sprayed them in my garage, I had a paint shop mix the paint but its not exactly the same. Its not gold/green enough.

sdsnybny that could be done but requires a counter of sorts, not that hard to do. I may make some of the LEDs flash with my turning signals.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i know im late to the dance on this but if you have your old grill, SELL IT. its actually a JDM speed tourer grill that goes for over $500 new

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Wow! that's a lot of brown!! Dash and engine I mean. looks a bit under blinged.you almost need the chrome accents to break the monotony of the gray and brown on that dash. How abouts a tan interior?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanted to color match my interior also but the SR2 paint is $$$$$$$$. I found a place to mix it up for me at $379 a PINT.
Looks killer Skeeter.

(opinion0 What would you think of hammered copper paint? In my 4.0
Sorry to thread jack.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I wanted to color match my interior also but the SR2 paint is $$$$$$$$. I found a place to mix it up for me at $379 a PINT.
Looks killer Skeeter.

(opinion0 What would you think of hammered copper paint? In my 4.0
Sorry to thread jack.

Thats way too much, this is mixed and ready to spray and it matches NOW, the first quart I got fromt hem didnt, but they corrected it. And the colors correct name is "Agate Brown Metallic Clearcoat"

https://www.paintscratch.com/

Product Description Basecoat Clearcoat Primer Total
1/2 oz. Basecoat Paint Pen @ 14.95 @ 7.59 @ 7.00
1 oz. Basecoat Paint Bottle @ 14.95 @ 7.59 @ 6.50
2 oz. Basecoat Paint Bottle @ 18.95 @ 9.95 @ 8.75
12.5 oz. Basecoat Spray Can @ 24.95 @ 12.25 @ 11.50
16 oz. Basecoat Paint (One Pint) @ 90.70 @ 39.00 @ 27.00
32 oz. Basecoat Paint (One Quart) @ 132.00 @ 52.00 @ 42.50
128 oz. Basecoat Paint (One Gallon) @ 347.00 @ 145.00 @ 110.00

JDM Jim I dont do CHROME.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Your RS4 looks awesome. I like the interior and the engine bay. The thrid brake light mod looks good too.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shoberg, you might not think that way is you saw me cutting the back of the wing out to gain access to the inside. But i like it.

Heres a daylight photo.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope, i still like it!
Well me the trusty dremel cut a 2in by 18 in hole inthe back, so I could install everything and seal around the LEDs, then I cut a peice of lexan to cover the hole and attatched that to the wing after I painted it to match.

I had to drill one hole in the hatch to run the wires and one in the wing to run the wires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.