1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It looks good, not sure how it will hold up. Way to much bondo and fiberglass. And the rear wheel flares need work, they are out of round. I'm not a big fan of being able to fit a leg up around the wheel. I don't see much VIP, besides the wheels. I hope it was a light color that he painted it, because all the bondo and fiberglass is going to cure and shrink up with a little time and it will ruin the whole job, a light color will hide alot of it.

Oh, I make a living doing bodywork. It should be fine for a few months, then it will probably need to be redone.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ehhh I'd have to see the final product. the right paint and wheels cant hurt.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me it looks much better then pictures can show. I saw it last night. I don't know much about body work but it's one of the few cars I've seen that has some actual work on it done, then just having a body kit "put" on. Anyway I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think it came out great!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Ghost_1 said:
Trust me it looks much better then pictures can show. I saw it last night. I don't know much about body work but it's one of the few cars I've seen that has some actual work on it done, then just having a body kit "put" on. Anyway I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think it came out great!
I agree on the whole body kit thing. Custom is ten times better than any body kit. I hope everything works out for him.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I helped him do the some of the final sand down on the rear bumper. The work he put into the fender flairs is crazy though. It's super subtle in the primer'd pictures but when I saw them last night they looks really nice with the paint on. I don't think most people are going to notice it unless another xB with a FAB kit is next to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too helped w/ some of the build up sanding and final sanding before he painted it. And the work he did is amazing. He does good work.. He's one of the primere bodykit installer's in maryland, From ruf kits on porsches to a few team emotion body kits, and he's Highly recommended.... But it cost.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still can't believe those two cars in the front of the shop are worth $400k plus. . . then again they do have a pimped supra with no front end out front. . . GTG tonight Black_xb be there! lol.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ghost_1 said:
I still can't believe those two cars in the front of the shop are worth $400k plus. . . then again they do have a pimped supra with no front end out front. . . GTG tonight Black_xb be there! lol.
GTG in MD? Where where? :p

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry bro should have said something on the site. We had a small GTG at Fallsgrove in gaithersburg/rockville, the next one I will put up a little invite. It's pretty much open to all who are in the area. I'll be sure to put it up next time. Small turn out tonight, just three B's and a former B owner. . .lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ghost_1 said:
sorry bro should have said something on the site. We had a small GTG at Fallsgrove in gaithersburg/rockville, the next one I will put up a little invite. It's pretty much open to all who are in the area. I'll be sure to put it up next time. Small turn out tonight, just three B's and a former B owner. . .lol
I used to go down to Montrose Crossing back in the day...now it's kinda weak, I don't mess with it. Too many weird cars like Ford Taurus's on bags and Civics with Celica front end swaps. But yeah, next time there's a GTG down in that area, send out an invite if you wish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Use to go there back in the day in my crx. but over the years it was just to hot. Now from time to time we have scion gtg's at fallsgrove just to say whats up... u should come to our next meet. RATHER small but its about the cars and our cars friends. lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when do you wanna set up the next GTG for? Blackxb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts