Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question. I want ot put bigger wheels and tires on my xB. The dealer where I bouht my car had an xb with 20's? How can they do that. I know you have to put a lower profile tire, but there is no way that the diameter of the tire to the tread surface os the same as a stock set up. Doesn't this screw up the abs, not to mention the speedometer and odometer? If I get a larger wheel, does my new set up have to have the same diameter to the tread surface as my stock steel wheel set up? Please help?:confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The dealer I bought my xb from said that you can safely go up to 18 inch rims. I know people with 20's that have had no problems. Its all up to you and your prefferance on the rims. It doesn't matter about having the same diameter to the tread surface.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
As long as the rolling of diameter of the aftermarket tire and wheel is the same as the factory set-up you will be fine. But if it is larger actual speed is faster than what is indicated, and mileage will be less than actual. Vice versa if its smaller.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im rolling on 20's with a tanabe df drop, took some work to make it fit but it does, but like everyone else has said as long as the overall diameter doesnt change your good. My speedo is off a little but nothing to bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts