Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i read the thread on how to tint you rear markers, but i want to take it a little father. Can i do the same thing for my rear tail lights, just apply more coats to make it darker?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I tinted mine with actual window tint film, it's not all that difficult. However, I have a silver trim around my lights so I didn't have to worry about tinting around the curve of the lens, which would have been a royal ***** to do I'd imagine. Ask Padanky how he tinted his

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
did mine and painted the border to match my paint

Attachments

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
Just be carefull. I know a guy that was pulled over by CHP because his tail lights on his tc are smoked. $800.00 later that fix-a-ticket was paid for.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
800??? DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMM.....That sucks.

I think if we got in trouble for something like that here in the midwest...They'd tell us to get it fixed before writing a ticket (I hope)..

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
that's why I tinted mine with normal tint film. If I get pulled over for them I can just rip the film off right in front of the officer. End of story, no fix-it required

have to tint it all over again, but it's a small price to pay for saving $800!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i've been debating about doing this to my taillights. no doubt i will use overlays but do you guys think i should do it since i already have the tyc taillights? i'm smoking the 4 sidemarkers and yellow overlaying the head and foglight along with the mirror turn signals. i'm just wondering if it will look weird if i left the tails alone then?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you mean overlay the tails in yellow or black tint? I doubt the yellow would show up very well since the TYC tails have a black housing don't they? If you did the black I'm not sure how it would look, but I don't think it would look all that bad since the housing is already all black

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
I tinted mine with actual window tint film, it's not all that difficult. However, I have a silver trim around my lights so I didn't have to worry about tinting around the curve of the lens, which would have been a royal ***** to do I'd imagine. Ask Padanky how he tinted his
Dew, I totally dig that garnish! I'm planning to get the chrome ones for the same reason (curves). Gonna go with all red, gotta get rid of the "Candy Cane" effect....... :D :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Dew said:
you mean overlay the tails in yellow or black tint? I doubt the yellow would show up very well since the TYC tails have a black housing don't they? If you did the black I'm not sure how it would look, but I don't think it would look all that bad since the housing is already all black
yeah i ment the tails in black. i guess i could just go to kragen and get some cheap tint they sell just to see how it would look.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Dew, I totally dig that garnish! I'm planning to get the chrome ones for the same reason (curves). Gonna go with all red, gotta get rid of the "Candy Cane" effect....... :D :D :D :D
haha yeah I really like the all red too, if I had any other color box I would do the all red too :D I didn't know they made chrome ones though, that will look sweet!!

yellow_sub said:
yeah i ment the tails in black. i guess i could just go to kragen and get some cheap tint they sell just to see how it would look
that's exactly what I did :D Buy the static cling stuff first. It's super easy to apply to see how it would look and it's like 6-7 bucks a roll. Can't go wrong with that

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what store can i buy tint spray at to do my markers and tail? i have stuck out every store i try lol

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
nice! that will look great, be sure to post pics when you get them asap I'm eager to see how they look on your pw

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you know, I dont remember who makes it. I'll see if I can remember, but they're just stick on with the double sided stuff

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Just to let you guys know, if you dont wanna pay the fine in Cali, all you have to do is "fix it"!!! hense the name type of the ticket. Fix it and there is only a court cost to show them $22 ;) At least thats how it is in Irvine and Riv county

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.