Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i read the thread on how to tint you rear markers, but i want to take it a little father. Can i do the same thing for my rear tail lights, just apply more coats to make it darker?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I tinted mine with actual window tint film, it's not all that difficult. However, I have a silver trim around my lights so I didn't have to worry about tinting around the curve of the lens, which would have been a royal ***** to do I'd imagine. Ask Padanky how he tinted his

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
did mine and painted the border to match my paint

Attachments

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
800??? DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMM.....That sucks.

I think if we got in trouble for something like that here in the midwest...They'd tell us to get it fixed before writing a ticket (I hope)..

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
that's why I tinted mine with normal tint film. If I get pulled over for them I can just rip the film off right in front of the officer. End of story, no fix-it required

have to tint it all over again, but it's a small price to pay for saving $800!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i've been debating about doing this to my taillights. no doubt i will use overlays but do you guys think i should do it since i already have the tyc taillights? i'm smoking the 4 sidemarkers and yellow overlaying the head and foglight along with the mirror turn signals. i'm just wondering if it will look weird if i left the tails alone then?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you mean overlay the tails in yellow or black tint? I doubt the yellow would show up very well since the TYC tails have a black housing don't they? If you did the black I'm not sure how it would look, but I don't think it would look all that bad since the housing is already all black

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
I tinted mine with actual window tint film, it's not all that difficult. However, I have a silver trim around my lights so I didn't have to worry about tinting around the curve of the lens, which would have been a royal ***** to do I'd imagine. Ask Padanky how he tinted his
Dew, I totally dig that garnish! I'm planning to get the chrome ones for the same reason (curves). Gonna go with all red, gotta get rid of the "Candy Cane" effect....... :D :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Dew said:
you mean overlay the tails in yellow or black tint? I doubt the yellow would show up very well since the TYC tails have a black housing don't they? If you did the black I'm not sure how it would look, but I don't think it would look all that bad since the housing is already all black
yeah i ment the tails in black. i guess i could just go to kragen and get some cheap tint they sell just to see how it would look.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Dew, I totally dig that garnish! I'm planning to get the chrome ones for the same reason (curves). Gonna go with all red, gotta get rid of the "Candy Cane" effect....... :D :D :D :D
haha yeah I really like the all red too, if I had any other color box I would do the all red too :D I didn't know they made chrome ones though, that will look sweet!!

yellow_sub said:
yeah i ment the tails in black. i guess i could just go to kragen and get some cheap tint they sell just to see how it would look
that's exactly what I did :D Buy the static cling stuff first. It's super easy to apply to see how it would look and it's like 6-7 bucks a roll. Can't go wrong with that

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what store can i buy tint spray at to do my markers and tail? i have stuck out every store i try lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.