Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I like it darka and I love doing the windshield. It sure keeps he heat out and the UV rays off of the dash. It is hard to tell it is tinted, it just looks like a strong glare from the outside.!!! But at night you can't see in!!!!

Rock

·
Registered
176 Posts
looks good.

wish i could do the same. local cops harass the $hit out of me if i tint my windows, yet other people are drivin around here with 5% all around and 20% on the windshield. i did my fronts w/20% and got a written warning like a month later. and he told me to put my front plate on too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, 20%, no way for me. I would never go that dark onth fron, it is just way to obviouse. I know it wouldl look like the ****!!! but toooooo much po po issues/\\\Thanks for the compliments
Rock

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
EticketXb said:
Taz - If you want to take a look at mine in person let me know I work tonight but am off Thurs and Friday...........
Thanks, I'm working on a "secret project" through Sunday. Where did you get yours done? Percent of tint and cost?

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Tint Pros - 80 I think and I just had them match the rear windows - nice and clean look and not to dark..... those HB Cops love to issue the window tint tickets...... Secret Project??????? could it be the body kit?????? I'll be expecting pics Sunday Night.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Rockcrawler69 said:
Damn, 20%, no way for me. I would never go that dark onth fron, it is just way to obviouse. I know it wouldl look like the ****!!! but toooooo much po po issues/\\\Thanks for the compliments
Rock
I'm not expert but you said you did 15%, But then ^^^^^ that 20% is too dark.

15% is darker then 20%. The higher the # the lighter the tint.

·
Registered
485 Posts
this argument about the stock tint has come up before.

To try and solve it, i asked my popo uncle to use his little device that electronically measures tint.

As advertised, my AM tint is roughly 15%.

As for the stock tinted colored windows, they came out to roughly 16% on the scale.

Dont know if this is normal or not, but after 3 tests this is what it showed. btw, we tried it twice during the day and once at night and pretty much had the same results (varied by .03%)

If anyone else has done this post here so we can compare.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still trying to decide my tint %... I want limo tint and not too dark for the others. What will not show much but still look good and keep out the HEAT!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gargamel said:
I'm not expert but you said you did 15%, But then ^^^^^ that 20% is too dark.

15% is darker then 20%. The higher the # the lighter the tint.

No I havr 50% on the windshield...mmcyh lighter. It is an aluminzed film so it looks smooth and ya cant tell its ther.

Rock

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I had this done on one of my slammed 1989 ford ranger back in the day, I left a square opening for the inspection and registration. Everyone said it was too dark, but I could see out, they couldnt see in for ****. I was pulled over but they never noticed the tint on it. There is some very light tint ofr reflecting uv and heat out, you cant even tell the window is tinted with it, its used on buildings mostly.

I have limo around my whole box, except I havent done the front windsheild. I dont want any more attention than i get now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tint Locations?

Hello everyone!

Does anyone recommend any specific locations for getting my box tinted. I live in Santa Ana near South Coast Plaza. I'm looking to giving my green box a present this holiday. Thanks everyone.

-Adrian:D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
nokknight01 said:
Hello everyone!

Does anyone recommend any specific locations for getting my box tinted. I live in Santa Ana near South Coast Plaza. I'm looking to giving my green box a present this holiday. Thanks everyone.

-Adrian:D
MIKES TINT SHOP IN ORANGE

·
Registered
312 Posts
Done in 20% all the way around on my BOP except window. It just has 6" a limo strip. I was told when I had it done anything darker would be hard to drive at night. I was wanting to go limo all around, but they talked me out of it. Very noticable difference when your inside and roll the windows down!! Back windows are about 5% with the 20% over stock tint.
[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.