1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
nice... Tell them your car is Copyright protected, and they owe you royalty for using those pictures.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lights in the pic are painted, NOT tinted with vinyle.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They lifted the pic off of my Cardomain page.

They still haven't replied to my message.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I doubt they will either. Contact eBay and tell them to remove it. I had wave of peeps using my car for various products back in the day (for parts I didnt even have sometimes much like yours). I got fed up with it and sent eBay a message, adn they ripped them all down.

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll warn him about it by telling him to get with me about sending me some yellow tint in return for using my pic or I'll have to get the auction removed.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just now sent the seller this message, Sound okay, like maybe we can settle this to work for me?

You are using a pic of my car to sell your product, I'll let you continue to use it if you'll agree to send me yellow tint for my headlights and fogs. If you choose not to work with me I will have the auction removed by eBay, ClubxB forum is aware that you are using my xB to sell tint when the lights in the photo are painted. We can work this out through my deal or the other way. If I don't get a reply really soon, I will assume you are brushing me off and I will contact eBay.

Chris (Padanky) you got the pic from my Cardomain page.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I had a buddy who had done some headlight conversions on a Lincoln. He hosted all of his pictures on his own domain for his ebay ad. A few weeks later some other guy posted a similar auction and used all of his pictures. Not just use them, but used the hosted pictures.

He contacted the seller and they were unresponsive. So he uploaded new pictures with the same names to his domain. Some of the pictures were absolutely hilarious, others were downright disgusting (nekkid ol' lady). Ebay ended up pulling the ad.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I had a guy steal one of my ebay auction pics(and my ad copy) I waited till he had a bunch of bids on his item and only a day left on the auction then had ebay remove the auction....the next time he ran the item he got about half the price he was getting the first time....revenge is sweet.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blimey, how long does it take for eBay to close an auction? That sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
well I guess it is somewhat flattering. but still wrong. Get em Chris!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I wouldn't stand for that. I'd get ebay to pull the auctions.

Don't hold the ebay folks accountable for it, it's not their fault people are morons.

If it comes down to it, if you know anyone in the legal biz.....let them send the seller a letter in the mail, on their letterhead. That has worked for some people on other things. :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Oh man....this is way to funny. I'd be trippin' if it happened to me. Then I'd pull the plug on their auctions. Glad you caught them, so maybe they'll think twice about stealing images (I really doubt they will though). Everyone on club XB should flood their e-mail/auction with bogus questions/comments.

I had someone break into my ebay account and put some big a** dump truck up for sale for like 1500. I had about 50 e-mails in 1/2 hours from bidders.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Blimey, how long does it take for eBay to close an auction? That sounds like fun.
They've got an online customer support chat room type thing that'll close it immediately. They did it for me when someone posted stuff under my acct..

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would give them a couple of days.Sometimes they move slow. I never tried the chat room idea as mentioned above tho'

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I can't remember exactly how I got to the online chat customer service, but it was through the security center. I believe I filled out a claim regarding a fraud issue, and at the end of the claim I was forwarded to an online chat. From there they immediately changed my passwords/screen name, refunded charges, and took the auction offline.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Doesn’t say much for the seller that they can’t tell the difference between paint & vinyl.

Plus you can read your plate number.

Has anyone else ever wished they could post comments/ feedback on auctions (w/o bidding)?

I know why it would never work, but there are times I wish. . .
“Hey everyone, the white car in the picture is mine. It has painted tails not vinyl. I’ve never purchased from these jokers and they’re using my ‘pic w/o my permission.”
. . . wouldn't that be nice?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.