Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok

So today I got the tint done, I love how dark it turned out.:D , and I got a strip up front, love it!

There are also some picts of my first two decals I made for the box,:D
( one on each side)

I like them, they really pop out from a distance too!

so much better on my eyes...lol...:cool:

I love the dark!:cool:

the decal windows are not done yet, I have to cut some more brickish looking things, and place here and there. Should be captivating by the time I am done.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I'm diggin' it. No trident for you! Keep it comin', I like seeing a box in it's stages of development more than the finished product!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm diggin' it. No trident for you! Keep it comin', I like seeing a box in it's stages of development more than the finished product!
sweet....I will keep em comin as I go, I too love the evolution, but should I try to post in the correct boards, like I have been? or just post the mods in my own members rides thread just keep updating the same thread...? or both...lol...

and does anyone know if there is plug made for the rear wiper? I want to remove it, when I did my integra I found a little kit with a plug that screwed on from the inside. Honda actually sold one, does toyota? and if so what is the part #?
thanks

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
A lot of people just go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a 1" plastic plug that's found in the little hardware bins, and use silicone adhesive to secure. Works and looks good. I've got a chrome one from Lowes.

Tint and decal looks good!!!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool

thanks guys, the lowes I could always do, I was looking to see if there was actually something specificly made for the hole....maybe I will check out the acura dimensions, and get another one of those...

....wait for the whole window to be a decal...heh,heh,heh,heh....

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, So I went ahead and got rid of the rear wiper. Looks much better with out it, but I dont know if I am going to keep the plug I used.

I ended up getting a wiper plug insert from a vw passat. I work at a vw dealership, so I figured I would check. The plug is rubber, and still had a hole, so I went to lowes, and found a rubber plug to fit tightly into the hole. No sealant, all rubber. It kind of sticks out a bit...lol...kinda looks like a button:D It works though, for now, untill I debadge, then we will see .....:D

here is the passat insert, and lowes rubber plug

A shot of the rear end, looks so much cleaner without that pesky wiper.

and a closer shot, trying to capture the threedimensionality of the "button"

I did end up ordering one of the kits I used for my acura, and will post up if it fits or not:D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job on the plug. The tint looks like rock star tint, everyone will think you're famous. ;)

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice job on the plug. The tint looks like rock star tint, everyone will think you're famous. ;)

...lol...rockstar material, but cant carry a tune, or hold a beat to save my life....lol....

thanks, I like that the plug sealed up well:cool: , rains alot here:(

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Looks good

Like BoomBox said, its nice to see the evolution.

Have you considered redding out the tails?
I think it would look sweet with your red brick theme.

Maybe add a small red pinstripe to the rims?

Or even a red pinstripe on the body itself?

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Looks good

Like BoomBox said, its nice to see the evolution.

Have you considered redding out the tails?
I think it would look sweet with your red brick theme.

Maybe add a small red pinstripe to the rims?

Or even a red pinstripe on the body itself?
Thanks!:D I too love the eviloution....

You know I hadnt considered the red....interesting ideas though.

At this point I am aiming for blacked out tails,signals,and markers. black projector halo HLs and maybe some brushed alluminum trim pieces..:D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Black works too, it goes with the tint.
Perhaps get the black plexi/ glass gas cover then?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don’t have it, but you replace the little gas door with a piece that looks like black smoked glass. (I’m guessing it’s really plexi). Think it might be a JDM thing.

I’ll see if I can find a ‘pic.

Edit. Found one!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don’t have it, but you replace the little gas door with a piece that looks like black smoked glass. (I’m guessing it’s really plexi). Think it might be a JDM thing.

I’ll see if I can find a ‘pic.

Edit. Found one!
NIce!:D

thanks for digging up the pict....

I like the idea, as well. I had considered a carbon fiber one, but like the plexi or perhaps a re-paint,,,,,and was thinking the mirror caps as well.:D

man I dig on the white vinyl strip on the windshield on that one, not for me, but looks good on that one.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Plug looks good. I was kinda scared for a second when I read the description before seeing the pics. There is a Japanese company that makes a wiper plug for bB's that looks really good,but I can't find the link anymore. I'm sure some of the JDM heads here can shed some light on it.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Plug looks good. I was kinda scared for a second when I read the description before seeing the pics. There is a Japanese company that makes a wiper plug for bB's that looks really good,but I can't find the link anymore. I'm sure some of the JDM heads here can shed some light on it.

....lol....

thanks, and I will post up again when my other plug comes....:D

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I figure I will just post in this thread for this too....

I went badgeless:D I took the easy way out though. I used a rubber razer blade. Then took the car over the our detail shop, and used an erasure wheel to get the residue off. Then buffed it out, looks great now. I think the plug needs to be color matched though:confused: havnt decided

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.