Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that I need to get a little more serious with the BSP. I plan to go with the new Sportmaxx 15's +15 offset in black, pictured here:

What tires will fit and provide as smooth a ride as possible? (I have a really bad back)

I dont think I am ready for bags just yet, so coilovers are probably the way to go for me. I like the setup on Eric's box where he has the nice annodized camber plates with the adjustments right there easy to access. I have no idea which coilover set to get, or where to get that type of setup Eric is running. I will budget around $2K for the suspension, unless that is too low.

So what else should I budget in? I keep hearing about toe-correcting shims, who's running them, and are they effective? Will I need spacers for the +15 offset, or will it be out to the edge of the rim?

Sorry for the 50 questions guys, I need to bring my box up to par;)

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Damm sweet lookin

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't have anything to add but will be watching this thread. I am going to be running the same rims. I am going to run the stock tires right now. As for a drop I am going to do df 210s. I am thinking about coilovers but I had a bad experience with them on another car and it turns me off on that idea. If I do I think I am going with Progress.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was told progress coil overs are a great choice. And as for tires, I picked Hankook because of the really good thread wear. Falken 512 are more of a show tire, thread wear is ridiculous. If your going for a nice decent stretched look. 195/50/15.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was told progress coil overs are a great choice. And as for tires, I picked Hankook because of the really good thread wear. Falken 512 are more of a show tire, thread wear is ridiculous. If your going for a nice decent stretched look. 195/50/15.
Picture of these on 15x15's?

Also, when the tires are stretched, hows that affect the thread wear?
Not hijacking, keeping this on subject :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Tread wear is normal on a stretched tire.

Those wheels are 8" wide right? If so I'd run the stock 185/60's or 195/55's

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You shouldn't need spacers with that off-set, and I think toe shims are only if you are cambered.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, good info guys, keep it coming!!

The reason I asked about the correction shims is because when I had my alignment checked, the rear toe was out :confused:. How can this be? I dont think there is an adjustment. I thought maybe it had something to do with my drop......

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
hey matt, talk to ryan @ NEXT LEVEL MOTORING, im sure that he can work a combo deal with coilover and wheels.

i have the D2 coilovers (purple) i got from them. they also have the K2 coilovers which are orange! matches the Hot lava.

you can either go 195/55 or 205/50. you dont need spacers, they're not 0 offset like my 002's

it just depends on what look you want.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey matt, talk to ryan @ NEXT LEVEL MOTORING, im sure that he can work a combo deal with coilover and wheels.

i have the D2 coilovers (purple) i got from them. they also have the K2 coilovers which are orange! matches the Hot lava.

you can either go 195/55 or 205/50. you dont need spacers, they're not 0 offset like my 002's

it just depends on what look you want.
That sounds like a good idea, just get everything from one supplier at the same time. I will likely be doing this in march when I get my bonus. I should be able to get everything I need. Thanks for the input :).

matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.