Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've finally blown my stock struts/shocks! :( The ride is not overly harsh, but I knew I would have to change them anyway. So, what's a good way to go? I plan on staying with a fixed suspension, I might keep the Goldlines or maybe even go lower with the Tanabe's (df210's?)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I say go with what you're used to.

Or you could always try out a new company...Dunno which one though, since I've only used one set...TRD

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just it, I not to sure what works best for the xB. On my mini truck I ran Toxic shocks, then KYB's. This is a whole new world, so I'm open to any feed back, more so from peeps with fixed set-ups. Since I'm 2" lower than stock, I'm not sure if the TRD's will work, aren't they set-up to work with the TRD springs?

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Koni's baby, the only way to go. I have Koni products on all my cars in the past 10 years. Best struts in the wolrd. Check out www.tirerack.com. Great deals and quick service.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I don't know much about cars besides what I research on, and from what others say. Modding cars is a whole new world to me, so this is some strange stuff. I would imagine that companies with shock/strut sets would encourage you to use them together, but I don't see why you cannot. Good luck with your search and keep us updated on your findings!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^^^^Will do. I know there has to be someone still running a fixed suspension that has replaced their stock struts/shock set-up, or is everyone on air? :eek: :D :D :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
hey Dion you whant stocks i/ve a set they are yours, save some cash for that salsa xB omc [ old man custom ] :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ric2542 said:
hey Dion you whant stocks i/ve a set they are yours, save some cash for that salsa xB omc [ old man custom ] :D :D :D
Cool Ric, I'll take 'em! When I blow those, I'll upgrade for sure! I just want to find out who's running what and get some recommendations so I can make an informed decision.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know what you are talking about. Once summer ended my ride started to get more harsh as i drove. (trd springs and 100 fiberglass box plus 2 amps and spare tire.) I just put the koni's on ant the ride is 100 times better.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does Koni make a short body shock/strut?

Does anybody know of a company that makes a short body shock/strut for our xb's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.