Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea on the size of our throttle bodies?

doing a little research for a project.

Thanx

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By using the program I have our little 1.5L motors will benefit the most from a TB with a cfm rating of 180.6343, sounds technical doesn't it? Giving us 110% of what the motor can use.

With that I figured a TB with a bore of 46mm will give us an hp increase while keeping the flow at optimum for torque, that is if our TBs are smaller than that you listed. If that is a stock TB, if it isn't stock it will be at maximum to keep the flow right for hp and torque.

If my calculations work out we could, on paper, get an extra 15hp out of our N/A motors.Just doing the paper work and research before putting out the money for the work ( actually doing most myself).
Did the same for a little Neon and it smoked most cars I ran it against.Got a little over 50hp increase using stock parts from other DC cars.( before I went all out with it)

Does it sound like a worthwhile project?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Frogbox said:
By using the program I have our little 1.5L motors will benefit the most from a TB with a cfm rating of 180.6343, sounds technical doesn't it? Giving us 110% of what the motor can use.

With that I figured a TB with a bore of 46mm will give us an hp increase while keeping the flow at optimum for torque, that is if our TBs are smaller than that you listed. If that is a stock TB, if it isn't stock it will be at maximum to keep the flow right for hp and torque.

If my calculations work out we could, on paper, get an extra 15hp out of our N/A motors.Just doing the paper work and research before putting out the money for the work ( actually doing most myself).
Did the same for a little Neon and it smoked most cars I ran it against.Got a little over 50hp increase using stock parts from other DC cars.( before I went all out with it)

go to it Dr.Frankenstein:cool: keep us posted...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
That is a pic of a stock throttle body, I found on a echo forum.

HIJACK,

RaiderBeast a FREE MASON???? There was a show just on History channel tonight about the Masons and Free Mason, the Washington DC layout and such. Interesting, I heard of it before but this helped put everything i heard together. HIJACK over.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea, I'm a Free Mason, I try to do alot of research into history, I've seen alot about the DC layout too. I got in to it through charity type events. its always a good time chillin w/ the Masons.

response to hijack out...

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Frogbox said:

Sounds worthwhile to me - If we can get a Larger TB to swap out for easy HP Gains I'm all for it........Did it on VW back in the day and it worked well and was very easy....but then agian Neuspeed had done all the hard work and research...........

Frog - sounds like you have a plan - let us all know what you fins out....

·
Registered
156 Posts
On smaller displacement cars, like our own, a BBTB is perfect. Your calcs sound about right. If you want to do a test run and bore out one, let me know. I'll buy one and send it to you and we'll give it a try.

I don't have the machinery to do the that sort of tolerance here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im sorry i didn't understand for a minute there....im a cnc machinist myself and any production machine shop can most likely do it for a fee :D but your only going to take out .026 off the intake side right? If so I will talk to my Design/Lathe Department head tommorow and ask him if it can be done in the mahcines we have....i will use mine if it can and i could let you know if it works? if thats cool with you guys but i think it shouldnt be a problem...the hardest part will be getting it not to crush in the lathe jaws lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.