Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my issue.I drive a Scion but I don't care for tha oversize emblem on the front.I really don't want to change the grill.I started looking around and have been looking at bB emblems.I am kinda torn on changing to a bB emblem because I feel like I am driving a Scion not a JDM Toyota....What do you think? Is there another Scion emblem that is smaller and will fit the grill?
Also anyone who has changed where did you get your emblems.I look on ebay and the prices are all over the board(9.99 a set to 29.99 a set) Are the o.e. ones over priced or are the lesser priced ones really that cheap looking?
Thanks

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I put my bb on the front just b/c I liked a little chrome to fill in the space, not really b/c it said bb. I shaved the rear xB and didn't add a bb. if you go that way, I wouldn't spend more than 15$. they're all the same
I'm sure dtrain will give you details on his custom emblem ;)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think they are out of date. Thats the first thing everyone changed, but me. I have thought about it.

I also hate having to wash all the dirt out from around emblems.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
I have the bB emblem but I'm going to be replacing it with a custom emblem. I found a place that does the chrome lettering for decent price. I was thinking about getting GCAT on the front grill (which I just got my new billet grill in the mail today!) and then go with 007 in the back.

On that note anyone have a good place for custom emblems? I really would love a good size skull and crossbones (pirate style) in chrome if at all possible.

This is the company I'm going through.
http://www.youremblem.com/

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have my bB emblem, but I have only had it for a few months. I didn't even think about changing it out until someone gave me the emblem. I like it that the front says one thing and the back says another.;)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dtrain619 said:
Didn't want to bB either, went this route instead........
Looks good.Something like that would serve my needs.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
blimey said:
Looks good.Something like that would serve my needs.
Try contacting MikeC. He's usually on SL, but he's also a member here. Great guy! Plus he's serving our country too, Air Force I believe. :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
i did the bb emblems. i wanted them cuz i thought they were cool and something different.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If you're going for something to fill the spot, I can maybe see the bB badge. If youre trying to go JDM though, forget it. I think its stupid really. Your car is not a bB and it never will be. You have a USDM Car and thats that. Same chasis, same ALMOST exact car, but theres differences that are notable IMO that negate it being a bB. I can see having a Toyota badge akwardly enough though. It just makes sense as MANY of the badges on the car are Toyota. Theres more Toyota emblems than Scion ones.

I personally went with debadging all around so no one knows what I have, even though I probably have the most JDM parts of anyone in the midwest Im guessing. I have A LOT and some are one of a kind here that NO ONE has.
I still think mines a Scion though, and I will likely get the Toyota badges, but not bB.

Scott

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ill post pics when i finish my project on it. i fiberglassed a piece that is contoured much like the scion emblem so it fits over the badge. with some adhesive, my fiberglass piece will stick over the scion logo and be rounded at that spot instead of having a badge. thats the goal when im finished! im 80% done or so.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
ill post pics when i finish my project on it. i fiberglassed a piece that is contoured much like the scion emblem so it fits over the badge. with some adhesive, my fiberglass piece will stick over the scion logo and be rounded at that spot instead of having a badge. thats the goal when im finished! im 80% done or so.
I wanna see it for sure when your done, how involved is it as far as DIY?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
it depends how well ya are at laying and smoothing fiberglass. overall, its pretty simple and is like $10 to do at most. just takes time and patience to make sure everything is smoothed out nicely and you get a nice contour. i would recommend it at a scale of 4/10 to make it look decent. i would say its a 6/10 to make it look OEM though, which is what im going for. any imperfection will be obvious if you're trying to make it look OEM and nice.

scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd like to see the finished work. But maybe the pic's were moved.

BigT

·
Registered
612 Posts
I can't stand the Scion badges. I'd go bB badges or none at all.

From a design standpoint, I prefer the bB badges. I like how, in Japan, they design logotype badges specifically for each individual car model i.e. Altezza, Ist, Funcargo, Crown, etc. They are all Toyotas, but they have very different badges. There's a visual connection there that says something about the car's "personality."

The Scion logos are pretty much slapped on as an afterthought. One oval Scion logo and one typeface is used for the entire lineup of models - more broad-based brand recognition, no variation - kinda boring.

IMO, the bB badges flow/enhance the overall look of the car: square badges for boxy car - as minimal and straightforward as the car itself. They even knew to leave off the round Toyota logo because it doesn't flow with the overall box aesthetic!

Anyways, having a bB badge isn't "faking the funk" so-to-speak. At least the xB and bB are practically identical. It's not like putting on a Lexus badge or something...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
They do make a "T" badge that's the same size as the Scion one. But I wouldn't go with bB. That's a JDM thing. Unless you have JDM wheels, interior, lighting, body kit and all, I think it's useless. Even then, its still LHD compared to RHD, so still not a true bB.

Your best bet is to buy an aftermarket grill that doesn't have a place for an emblem. That's the route I'm taking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.