Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 xB stock
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whelp, I went ahead with the Boss unit from the previous post despite a lack of photos from anyone… here’s how it looks:

The backup camera needs to be angled down a bit… right now it looks like my xB is just gonna launch over the van behind me!

·
Registered
06 xB stock
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks clean. How do you like it? How's the connectivity?
So far, so good.
Biggest plus for me was access to my Spotify music. Navigation (via CarPlay) in-dash, too, when I need it. And the touchscreen definitely makes the car feel modern. Kinda wish I had gotten a unit with an analog dial for volume instead of the capacitive touch buttons on this… oh well.

You can see there’s about 1/2” plastic that fills the space on either side of the touchscreen… it’s texture is subtly different than the rest of the dash… color is good tho. Maybe I can do something creative with this area?

Connecting to Apple CarPlay wirelessly takes 15-20 seconds, but it’s simple. The Bluetooth connection craps out from time to time, seemingly in areas with loads of traffic? But there’s also a wired connection, which also charges my phone… I guess wireless CarPlay doesn’t matter much to me, I don’t touch my phone in the car anyway.

Also, the backup camera makes me laugh every time it turns on…it’s such a small car anyway, not hard to park… I think the colored guide lines would work if I could angle the cam down about 15 degrees, and it doesn’t look like I can just turn them off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts