Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this happened over the summer time , but i really wasn't on this site enought to ask! lol i was driving with the ac on in my car and all of a sudden cold smog or smoke started coming out of the ac vent and was leaving condensation on them! wat the heck was that all about! and it didn't jus happen once either...... please helllllp!!!!!!lol

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Take it to the dealership immediately.

Mine didn't do that, but it sounds like your A/C system ate itself like mine did.
Free warranty repair, $3500 job. They can do it in one day.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Make shure that when you run AC, the outside air is swithched off. You need to be in recirculation mode when AC is on. If the outside air is humid (like in NY), you will see some "smoking" coming from the vents. It is very very unlikely for refrigerant to leak inside the car and if id does, the AC will shut off in matter of few minutes.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Make shure that when you run AC, the outside air is swithched off. You need to be in recirculation mode when AC is on. If the outside air is humid (like in NY), you will see some "smoking" coming from the vents. It is very very unlikely for refrigerant to leak inside the car and if id does, the AC will shut off in matter of few minutes.
Is does NOT have to be on recirculate, recircualte does allow for the air to get colder by using the cabin air which is already been cooled some what, or heated some what when using the heat.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Is does NOT have to be on recirculate, recircualte does allow for the air to get colder by using the cabin air which is already been cooled some what, or heated some what when using the heat.
Having recirculation ON allows for a more efficient AC operation after initial cooldown. Doesnt have to be, just like you can still drive without seat belts and parking brake on. But that is not the issue here. When the outside air is more humid than inside, it will likely to appear as if there is smoke or steam coming out of the vents. The other way is if refrigerant is leaking from the evaporator core, but it will take few minutes for all of it to leak out and when there is no refrigerant pressure left in the system, the safety feature will prevent AC compressor from engaging ever again untill the system has been recharged and leak fixed.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys wanna no something! you all freaking rock!!!! i always get some good advice from all of you and some goofy but always helpful.. i have to wait till it gets hot again to see wat the problem is, it just to dam cold in ny at the moment.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.