Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with the gas tank. not exactly the tank but the tube(sorry dont know what its called) were you pump the gas. at least thats were i think the problem is. a few seconds after i begin pumping the nozzle clicks, and i have to move it around to pump. and i cant use the auto thing. it takes me around 15 min to fill my tank up. sorry im not good at explaining this. But I've worked in gas stations before and i know this isn't normal. But i dont know what causes it. :confused:. has anyone had this problem? or have any suggestions? oh i have an 05 if it helps.

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wow thanks pch, you realy are the first one to jump and help out. ill check it out

is all the vin# supposed to match or just some of it

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Your VIN has to be before (lesser number) the VIN they list as a production change. It was covered under warranty for the first 3 years, so not any more.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
my xB has the same problem, even though its not cover under warranty. i dont know if this works for you, but it did for me; if you turn the nozzle to 45° counter clockwise while refilling, it will solve the problem.

·
@HFDane on Instagram
6,304 Posts
Mine does this at times, I just always thought it was certain pumps that weren't compatable

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
boxed for life
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
my xB has the same problem, even though its not cover under warranty. i dont know if this works for you, but it did for me; if you turn the nozzle to 45° counter clockwise while refilling, it will solve the problem.
Thanks I will give that a try

Mine does this at times, I just always thought it was certain pumps that weren't compatable
That's what I thought at first but 1 out of 10 gas stations I'be been to don't work

sorry i mean to say is 1 out of 10 will work

·
Registered
236 Posts
I hope this works for my car to, it definitely sucks taking so long to fill up. I'm trying the 45 degree thing next time I fill up, hoping you're a lifesaver.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I tried the 45 degrees counter clockwise and it didn't work for me. But I tried it as far clockwise as I could go, which was the gas door. And... IT WORKED. It filled up so fast, felt like I was a pit crew.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i find it weird that it works at one angle but not the other, the tip is the same shape no mater wich way you tilt it..

idk if it works it works haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts