Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cam across the clubXB forums on a yahoo search, and thought id ask some questions.
im 16 right now, and im thinking about getting my own car. I want something that looks really sweet on the inside and outside, and is more of a show car than some speed demon(though it should have some decent speed). However, i dont know anything about cars lol. So i thought i would ask you, I like the box look, but ive never driven it or ridden in it, so not sure. and im looking for more of like a club/asian type car that gets the girls. If i do get one, i will be sure to bring it down to a shop, and really put some sweet stuff into it. So i am thinking the XB

So if you guys here could let me know about the XB and what kind of mileage and mods it can do, and how appealing it is to people and such, it would make this easier. and if im 16, am i allowed to buy it from the dealership, or should i just get it used? if i get it from the Dealership, is it better?

Also, is anyone 19 or younger and has a Scion that your doing monthly payments on, if so, id like to hear your experience about that

here are my needs:
What im looking to do:
Body kit
Lights on bottom of car
Lights in guages(like blue or green or something)
maybe a customized paintjob
Spinners and NICEE wheels
SPEED upgrades

let me know,

thank you all very much

~indianpryd45

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome

First thing you have to do is head to the dealer for a test drive. That’ll answer most of your questions. Also, check the regional forum in your area for any local meets and shows. It’ll give you a chance to see many mods in person and get the real lowdown from other drivers in your area. I know it’s hard to believe this when your 16, but cool is what you make of it. Buy the car YOU want to drive. And as for attracting girls you’re on your own. ;)

All the mods you want to do and many more are possible. You’ll see them in the gallery section. Though as to “decent speed” that’ll depend on your definition. The manuals have more vroom than the autos. There are also things you can add like a catback and CAI that will boost performance. Heck there are even a few superchargers out there. But at the end of the day it’s still a box. Which means you won’t be winning many street races. Most people seem to average between 28 and 38 mpg depending a variety of circumstances. (There are many, many other threads devoted to the topic you can read.) Can’t help you with your dealership questions, but I would guess that you’ll need a parent to cosign. That is unless you already have excellent credit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, boxes do make great show cars. Don't be fooled thinking that it's a chick magnet either! Hahaha! ( ^o^) If you want a chick magnet, you need to be driving some kind of German / European car, a "blinged out" Stupid Unuseful Vehicle, high end Japanese car, or some kind of sports car. Boxes not fast, that's for sure. You can get the basic bolt ons & make the motor a little more peppy. If you want more power, you're looking at a turbo or supercharger & dumping lots of money into the motor. You can also make a box handle pretty good.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I'm 17 and I own an xB but I don't have any payments so I can't tell you anything about that but I can say that the car is awesome and the interior and exterior is very nice. :) And as for chick magnets I suggest checking out the thread about that in the General Discussion forum. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.