Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HFD New England
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hello all!!!!

So I currently drive a 2003 Focus ZX-5 SVT. I really enjoy this car however as my family is growing I find myself in the need for more room, pluse my wife refuses to learn how to drive a standard so I can't take her car in for service.

With that said I was looking at the XB when I bought my Focus and decide to go with the focus because the XB was just out and I wasn't sure about how it was going to do. Well now I am looking at it again and I will be getting a used auto.

Is there anything that I should be looking for when I go out to check them out. I have my eye on an 04' with 24K that is Camouflage.

Thanks,
B-

·
bB squad
1,054 Posts
You can check if they added accessories/mods to it, like wheels, the 6-disc MP3 player vs the single disc, LED cathodes under the seats, cup holder illumination lights, floor mats, rear cargo net, door sills... you get the point, just go to Scion.com for all the accessories that people usually add.

Mine is an '04 and it's been good to me so far! I love it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Dude i would look for a nice straight body with no ding's and low mile's make sure i wasent a rental....mine is an 05, they got he best ratings for the year's im not sure because they all look the same to me;)

·
Deutschland
171 Posts
If your looking to buy a used xB, make sure you get a carfax done on it. Have the dealer do it for you for free. Also, buy it from a "SCION" dealer and get the extended warranty. Also, you can pay just a little extra and buy a newer model, and save in the long run. Don't settle for nothing less, get the color you want and not because the car is a bit cheaper.
Have fun shopping, I always do.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Well first Welcome to the family. A car fax is a good idea. I bought a used 05 TCM with 19000 and have no problems with it. It's a fun car to drive and lots of aftermarket parts you can add if you are so inclined. 24K is pretty low milage for an 04 so as long as it hasn't been wrecked might be a winner for ya. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 05 xB and I have never loved a car before... until now. I did a bunch of research before I bought my car. It's off the charts in Consumer Reports. It has a reccomended sticker as well. But yeah, get the car fax report.. that is always a good idea. But you can't go wrong with the Scion xB, we are talking quality here.

Tracy

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
go for it. I made the conversion from focus to xB and will never look back, and you wont find more room for the buck. Most favorite vehicle i ever owned! Come on over, and welcome!

·
HFD New England
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after going and looking at the 04' I picked it up on Saturday and so far I really like this thing. I mean sure there is a loss of power and handling but with my son that is almost two in the car with me I didn't really get to use the power or handling.

All and all I think that this is a really good fit for me right now.

B-

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the family! :D

I, too went from a Focus to an xB (ZX3 rather than 5, though), and while my Focus was a reasonably troublefree vehicle (as opposed to some) it didn't make me smile every time I drove it like the xB does. :)

Hopefully the strange little box will grow on you like it has on the rest of us.

Take care,
Tom

P.S. You got the most rare of the standard colors, Camo. :) Only about half as many of the Camo were made. :) Even just that small difference will turn heads. :)

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.