Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my car with its prototype turbo it had one of those huge mufflers, needless to say it is loud. With the new turbo, it is still loud, though it sounds better than the old turbo...but I think I should get a resonator to tone it down a bit...does anybody know if resonators take power away? Or a good one to recommend?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think with turbo you want it open as possible to expel the exhaust ASAP. That's why people go with bigger exhaust piping. So, I say no resonator is better. Could be wrong. Just get better muffler, TRD is nice and quiet until you get on it.

Removing resonator on N/A cars, will rob you of a little torque. Turbo you want it as open as possible.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I would say do the resonantor. in theory, yes its one more restriction in the exhaust, but as long as you get a high performance free flowing one, youll be fine. also, it wouldnt hurt to add a little back pressure to your turbo system. itll help quiet ya down, but not talk any away really. it would be so little that you couldnt notice, i guarantee ya on it. i saw throw one on there. if it goes too quiet, or it dynos like 10 hp less (which is unfathomable to me), then rip it off and sell it on ebay or something

scotty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.