Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a Scion XB 05 on 17s at the moment (rims came with the car). I want smaller rims in order to be able to buy thicker tires. I want tires that have a longer lifespan and are better for off-road occasions when I go camping. I'm a complete newb and I don't know much about anything when it comes to cars. My car is stock height and I want to know what is the thickest tires I can get away with using on 13s, 14s, and 15s? I've been reading some comments so I believe I need +20 offset for 15x8 but I'm not sure if I need offsets on anything smaller. Someone is selling some decent 13x8s on craigslist but I don't know if I'll have problems even with thicker tires. I know my XB is not a Jeep but I would like it to be a little more off-road friendly (nothing extreme).

13x6 -- Thickest tires?
13x7 -- Thickest tires? Offset needed?
13x8 -- Thickest tires? Offset needed?

14x6 -- Thickest tires?
14x7 -- Thickest tires? Offset needed?
14x8 -- Thickest tires? Offset needed?

15x6 -- Thickest tires?
15x7 -- Thickest tires? Offset needed?
15x8 -- Thickest tires?

Thank you to anyone willing to help!!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Because of the disc brakes you will have to use at least 14" rims to clear the calipers. Be advised not all 14's will clear. So I would go no smaller than 15". There are a few guys here that have gone larger on tire size for off-road clearance. Maybe they will chime in on their experience

Reactions: yesthatsteve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because of the disc brakes you will have to use at least 14" rims to clear the calipers. Be advised not all 14's will clear. So I would go no smaller than 15". There are a few guys here that have gone larger on tire size for off-road clearance. Maybe they will chime in on their experience
Thanks! That's really helpful. I almost bought them.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Look in the search for Ralley Cross XB. There is a thread there that might help.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I still have my 1st gen. It's not going away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts