Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new body kit put on this week and while test fitting the side skirts I had to pull out the wheel well linings to get a better fit. The process of removing these requires a finesse I don't have. (neither does Hawiianbuilt) We snapped a few of the clips off and I went to the dealer to replace them today. I should have been ready for the worst since it is a dealer item...but...I wasn't prepared for this.

Clip number One:

This clip sells for $3.85 each. I needed 10 of them.

Clip number 2:

These are a bargain at $1.73 each. I needed 10 of them as well.

My advice if you have to remove these is to be extremely careful!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
wow, those are expensive!

did you go to Scion of Glendora to get those parts? you get 20% off since they sponsors Scinergy. i dont know does that even matters.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Surf - Since you are the king of HomeDepot and Lowes did they not have anything that would work at a reasonable price???????????

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EticketXb said:
Surf - Since you are the king of HomeDepot and Lowes did they not have anything that would work at a reasonable price???????????
This is the price you pay for having to finish a job before a show. I didn't have time to hit the depots or S.O.G. for the discount.

Once again, Tomas has proven that he is a bottomless well of information. I saw a few items that look like they would fit on the two sites. Thanks Tomas, as always, you rock! :D

(the only saving grace is that I made a friend at the parts counter and he is changing dealerships to the one right by my house ;) )

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Here is a bigger suprise. OEM Hood costs $170 but the under hood liner thing is $172. Go figure...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Padanky said:
Here is a bigger suprise. OEM Hood costs $170 but the under hood liner thing is $172. Go figure...
<<<<<<scratching head :confused:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Padanky said:

anybody need the underhood liner? I have one if ya need it..;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigWill184 said:
anybody need the underhood liner? I have one if ya need it..;)
I was just thinking the same thing Will! Beat me to it. :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yea, a few months ago when i went through some water, it broke the left lower lip clips off. I went to the dealership and he told me the price...So i zip-tied them, and they work better...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Big_Kokujin said:
Yea, a few months ago when i went through some water, it broke the left lower lip clips off. I went to the dealership and he told me the price...So i zip-tied them, and they work better...
And on the eighth day God created ZIP TIES!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.