Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is right after I bagged my car for the first time. I was very limited at the time for air suspension so we built one ourselves.

These are the brackets I had (black) and switched to (silver). It helped lower the car more but I sacrificed uppward motion. GRRRRR

After the install this is the slammed height I was able to obtain.

After alot of thought I knew that with the spirits body kit I would have to be able to go higher or I would be in some trouble so I bought a whole different set up for the front and this is what I was able to obtain lowering wise, it does go higher then before too.

Front

Rear

But all this came with a price to pay....

Let's just say to keep a story short, Don't let your air line rub till it gets a hole in it do to being in a rush. Then lets say while your pulled over and trying to replace an airline don't have your friends arm between the fender and tire and have the jack fall. Holy Crap I thought his arm should have been broken but we found out Wayne (Suspended) has arms of steel. LOL I'm glad we are able to laugh about it now.

So after all this I brought my car to a shop today for an estimate and my box should be going into the body shop tomorrow if all goes well, so keep a look out on progress pictures w/ all the Fabulous and Spirits Goodies!!!

Good news is now that my car is lower in the front, I'll be able to prob lay bumper on the ground what do you think?

Plans at the shop besides the obvious is to shave the front fender signals, the rear wiper, and the front face finisher. Pandanky, I'll getting a hold of you soon!
The Mercedes mirror turn signals will be coming soon. Should look like this--->

Once this is done, I'll have to take it a little bit more easy but Next will be the whole interior....

·
Registered
212 Posts
" take my strong hand!!! " :D

bro, seriously, that sucked, and i'm glad we were able to get your car off of it, that would have sucked just sitting there waiting for archie :( , and it sucked that i had no smokes, when i walked to that gas station i was just like "i need marlboro lights and a bathroom NOW!!!" :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
also glad to hear it'll get fixed tomorrow ;)

i'll hit you up when i get out of work today

·
Registered
630 Posts
I like those mercedes lights way more then the jdm ones since the lights are stretched out longer. I was thinking about scooping those up too. Overall I love the setup you got going so far. Keep up the work.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Damn, I feel some inferior everytime I see pics!

OUCH! Hope you're feeling better Wayne!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Squirrel you give me too much credit man! Like I said I'm glad Wayne isn't in the hospital. DTRAIN619 like always thank you for the kind comments and yes I will be keeping it the stock color, Really fond of the TCM.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Squirrel you give me too much credit man! Like I said I'm glad Wayne isn't in the hospital. DTRAIN619 like always thank you for the kind comments and yes I will be keeping it the stock color, Really fond of the TCM.
Im glad your friend isnt in the hospital either, that couldve been an ugly situation. And when it comes to a ride like yours, and most of the "veterans" on the forum, there is no such thing as too much credit. Keep up the sexiness. (OF THE CAR).

·
Registered
212 Posts
no chris, keep up the sexiness...your a sexy man, you should flaunt it :p

and thanks for the support ya'll, unfortunatly, i won't have any...ummm..."personal time" with my right arm for about a week or so, but its all good, glad it wasn't broken either....i always knew that chugging milk would come in handy one day ;)

and chris, i hope you know i'm going to be getting sneak peaks of the car in the booth ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
you know, i don't post on here much, but i really love your car. I also have a TCM xb and am going for a look similar to what you have now. its going to look awesome once its done with that new kit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dropped off my baby today and I should be getting her back a little after christmas. I will be going there every other day or so to keep up on the progress and take pictures.

·
Registered
192 Posts
daaaaaaaamn now tha final results is just goin 2 b amazing
your box is gonna b one of tha top cleanest JDM/VIP xBs in tha US like it isnt already haha
im sooo excited 4 u and tha outcome
PROPS!!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
After Christmas..... I cant wait until after Christmas

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
You and Wayne, and the rest of your crew have great taste in styling.

If it wasn't for this divorce, I would have had my 006s, and who knows what else on my xB by now.

And yes, I love TCM also.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought about going black or a straight silver but I didn't want to change the color plus it saved me money on the paint because I can leave the engine bay and door jams the same color.

To the addition of stuff the body shop is doing they are also shaving the nozzles on the hood and paint matching my Tein hood dampers. I need to get these powerfolding mirrors put on too!!! Those were a Bday present from the Fiance. Lets just say she heard me talk about what I want one too many times LOL!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, 2 days after dropping my car off they have already fitted the kit and massaged the front area (making brackets for bumper and fender and pulling both fenders for clearance.) Carl my body guy said that the sides and rear were really easy to work with so far. The side markers and rear wiper hole have been welded already. So far this is looking better than expected.
Looking Sexy

New Fender shaved and pulled

With Fabulous Hood Wing

Flushness!!! Man, that exhaust looks pathetic, Need to install the Twimble after paint

I can only fit half of my phone under the front bumper

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.