Scion xB Forum banner

59961 - 59980 of 59987 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Alright alright, I'll suffer the site and hang out a while longer. The xB is being redipped in the spring (for a 6th time!) so I'll probably have pictures of that process to share. It'll either look super clean or like someone crashed into a paint factory. Maybe both. I have a ton of pearls to use up and pretty much all of them take a black base, so we're going back to black. The roof might get vinyl wrapped because it's the hardest part to dip when you're 5'2" with the wingspan of a parakeet.

Meanwhile; the OEM 6-disc Pioneer fits in the same double-DIN footprint, and the original harness plug from the single disc unit plugs right in. E-mail your shipping information to me at [email protected] and I will ship both units to you on Monday.
You're a saint. Email sent from my Gmail account. <3

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
Alright alright, I'll suffer the site and hang out a while longer. The xB is being redipped in the spring (for a 6th time!) so I'll probably have pictures of that process to share. It'll either look super clean or like someone crashed into a paint factory. Maybe both. I have a ton of pearls to use up and pretty much all of them take a black base, so we're going back to black. The roof might get vinyl wrapped because it's the hardest part to dip when you're 5'2" with the wingspan of a parakeet.

You're a saint. Email sent from my Gmail account. <3
"...5'2" with the wingspan of a parakeet." Now that is funny!

The head units are on the way. Looking forward to seeing the Plasti-Dip pictures.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
My girlfriend was amused at seeing the trio of head units show up.

"Why do you need all those?"

"To figure out which ones work and which is best."

"You're just going to play in the garage!"

She knows me well. Hopefully spring comes sooner rather than later.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
I went to a 'Take The Part Off Your Own Self' yard yesterday. Three Polar White's are there; two 2006 and one 2006.5. Two of them were brought in this year. Scored some items I would not have bought new due to the cost, and since the parts presently on my xB are in good shape. Items I bought are in excellent shape and cost less than one tenth of best new prices I located. Still, it was disappointing to see the Gen1's in the yard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to a 'Take The Part Off Your Own Self' yard yesterday. Three Polar White's are there; two 2006 and one 2006.5. Two of them were brought in this year. Scored some items I would not have bought new due to the cost, and since the parts presently on my xB are in good shape. Items I bought are in excellent shape and cost less than one tenth of best new prices I located. Still, it was disappointing to see the Gen1's in the yard.
what parts did you pull off??

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Dad had a bad stroke Tuesday and passed today. Always a bad day when your Hero is taken from you.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Unexpected and way too soon. Talk to them often and see them when you can. Turnaround and they are gone. Miss him already.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Contacted the guy that purchased my Box and he has over 200k and wont let it go.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Ever onward! Quarantine hasn't been that bad. I've been working from home, even got a promotion.

If I can still get supplies I'll dip this summer, though I don't have the replacement respirator filters on hand so we'll see.

How's everyone hanging?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know when this coronavirus madness will come to an end but it really started to get on my nerves. Sitting at home doing nothing all day is such a nightmare. Also I feel like we are wasting the best time of the year. Usually we go to our apartment in Portugal in this time of the year with my family and have quality time but apparently it's not gonna happen this year...

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Girlfriend and I had an adventure last night with swapping the head unit menagerie generously sent by @Myopic. My original single disc gave up the ghost on playing CDs with Error 3, so the hunt was on.

One of the 6-cd head units had 6 discs in it with Error 3, so no dice (maybe I'll disassemble it to see what's inside). The other one appears to be stuck in "ship mode" and doesn't do anything when you try to insert a CD or hit the DISC button... so also no dice.

The single-disc player was the winner. Hooked it up and it promptly spat out a CD by... "Niggy Tardust". Not my taste in music, but it plays CDs so I'm over the moon!

Many thanks to @Myopic for the equipment. I really wish we could get that one T1805 out of shipment mode (it was in the new-old-stock Toyota box) but all of our searching and attempts turned up nothing. You can't disassemble it to force it out of ship mode, can you? 🤨

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Made up my mine, I'm buying a Toyota Open Deck as soon as its legal to bring it to the states. That will be my midlife car.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,554 Posts
Made up my mine, I'm buying a Toyota Open Deck as soon as its legal to bring it to the states. That will be my midlife car.

Me too

Sent from my pimped out xB

59961 - 59980 of 59987 Posts