Scion xB Forum banner

59941 - 59960 of 59987 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Haha, the Santa list has been a thing in my family for many years. It's just easier to pick a couple things off someone's list. They get things they want, and there's still the surprise of which thing(s) they're getting.

This woman has me down to a science. She pointed out that any non-practical gift she's given me has been largely ignored in the long term. But practical stuff like hoodies and utensils? I'll use them daily. I hadn't even noticed what I do with various things, but she's 100% right.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For those of you who knew Toy_Yoda, he recently passed away, there will be services held for him at 12 noon on Thursday 11-14-19 at 13926 La Mirada Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Started getting the dreaded "ERROR 3" message on the OEM headunit (the Pioneer T1804) and it's not accepting CDs, which kills me. I think the box wants a new audio system in the spring. Or he's tired of playing music at -10F. Maybe both.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Went to pick a part yesterday. Got a rear exhaust manifold from a 2007 Camry that would have worked. Got to counter and they wouldn’t sell it because it had a catalytic converter made on it. Never heard of such before. The fun continues.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts
Wow, the site management has made the site even worse to navigate and it's nearly unusable on mobile. What a damn shame.

I think I'm done here. It sucks too much.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
Started getting the dreaded "ERROR 3" message on the OEM headunit (the Pioneer T1804) and it's not accepting CDs, which kills me. I think the box wants a new audio system in the spring. Or he's tired of playing music at -10F. Maybe both.
I have a 2005 xB single disc, and a 2005 xB 6-disc. You are welcome to either one at no cost. They have been on my shelf for several years but should work fine. Let me know.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
I think I'm done here. It sucks too much.
Please do not leave! You are among the more intelligent and innovative people in ClubxB. Your posts are always good reads and the site would be diminished by losing you. This is an election year, and I respectfully vote that you remain.

Frank.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Please do not leave! You are among the more intelligent and innovative people in ClubxB. Your posts are always good reads and the site would be diminished by losing you. This is an election year, and I respectfully vote that you remain.

Frank.
I with Frank, I'm in a Hyundai forum and Lexus and hardly ever get any responses.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
I with Frank, I'm in a Hyundai forum and Lexus and hardly ever get any responses. Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Hyundai and Lexus? Those are not the vehicles you seek. Come back to the Scion side. You want an xB once more.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hyundai and Lexus? Those are not the vehicles you seek. Come back to the Scion side. You want an xB once more.
I'm looking for a good deal and keep up with my old xB, told him if anything happens to it like accident not to let insurance take it, or if motor gives out that I would buy it back, he's just in Griffin.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Dyke in a Box
1,482 Posts

Frank.
Haha, I appreciate that, man. It really means a lot. I swapped to desktop view to see if it was just mobile that sucked... and as a software developer with an emphasis on user experience, I'm honestly fucking appalled that someone allowed this site design to go live. It's beyond horrific to the point that I genuinely wish someone would make a "new" Club xB forum. Go back to the green layout (does anyone remember that?) that loaded super fast and didn't have such a trash UX/UI design. VerticalScope Inc seems to gobble up hobby sites them promptly suck them dry for banner ads while rolling out these shitbag redesigns.

Hell, maybe if I get angry enough I'll make my own version. Tons of image links here are broken and there's a lot of link rot anyway, so a lot of the guides of ye olde times are difficult if not impossible to follow.

It's just... I miss how this place used to be. When I was in college I hung out here often because I loved seeing what everyone was doing even if I couldn't afford to play (yet). Now I'm seething about how trash the owners have made it. And it's not the users' fault. Fuckin' breaks my heart.

---

TL;DR - Ice hates bad user design and will rant about it until she collapses.

Also yes - if your 2005 head units are still available I will absolutely give it a good home! My box doesn't have the 6-CD changer, so would I only be able to use the single CD version? I would search it up, but the fucking search broke. /eyeroll

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
895 Posts
Your missive is why you must stay here. You are a refreshing oasis in the desert of some posts which ramble through stream of consciousness offered by people who were spared the ravages of intellect. Possibly the current programmers are developing in the 1964 version of BASIC using a Tandy TRS80. As computer power increases, many programmers are becoming lazy with voluminous, sloppy, non-clean code. Hence clever code overrides the purity of clean code. Many early parts of an evolving application are not being refactored. The actions stated in release notes indicate no testing was performed. Like you, I do not appreciate impediments caused by undisciplined intellect regardless of the field in which it is employed.

Meanwhile; the OEM 6-disc Pioneer fits in the same double-DIN footprint, and the original harness plug from the single disc unit plugs right in. E-mail your shipping information to me at [email protected] and I will ship both units to you on Monday.

59941 - 59960 of 59987 Posts