Scion xB Forum banner

59901 - 59920 of 59946 Posts

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Today's excitement: A wasp nest 15 feet above my garage door.

Additional excitement: A bigger wasp nest 10 feet above my back door.

My inner redneck wants to use a flame but my better judgement says to just use a normal spray.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Great news as of my Dr. in Chicago all things are moving forward and am Cancer free !! Got my new refrigerator today and sadly thayn have to order both doors and they are damaged !!! Looks like someone had a ball peen hammer in their hand before it was boxed up !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wanna know what really grinds my
Gears? I’ve been troubleshooting some stuff on a recent xB I bought and went to a local major chain parts store.. when I asked him how much refurbished injectors were he said they were $90 each.. I don’t know about you but you can find all four for $35-$40 on eBay (yes I know eBay is risky but I’ve bought many parts from there with no issues) I brought this up to him and he just said “well what do you want, some cheap eBay knock offs or our quality parts..” I’m not 100% sure but I think they’re the same parts hahaha. I don’t mean to bash on auto parts stores and understand profit margin etc but that seems a little high for the same stuff.

Rant over.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I agree to agree that you do have to be careful on E-Bay but mostly they are legit !!! Check out the dealer and see what they charge for them !!! Hope you all have a great day !!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Great news as of my Dr. in Chicago all things are moving forward and am Cancer free !! Got my new refrigerator today and sadly thayn have to order both doors and they are damaged !!! Looks like someone had a ball peen hammer in their hand before it was boxed up !!!
That is fantastic news Jeff!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Thanks Samy and hope all is well with you too !!! Looks like summer here has ended as our temps are cool but with the lows in the 50'S at night will be hard to keep the pool warm !!!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I remember back in da day when I was growing up that damn near all the houses flew the flag on Holidays !!! Today I put mine out and did see 1 other house had their flag out !!! Boy how times have changed !!!!

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Wasps were vanquished, sans flame.

1. Shoot spray at wasps.
2. Realize you're too short and the spray isn't reaching.
3. Get a ladder.
4. Shoot spray at wasps from higher up.
5. Realize you're now on a ladder and wasps are attacking.
6. Ditch ladder and run run run inside!

Both buildings are intact, and I can't reach the nests to knock them down fully but they're mostly gone because the papery compound dissolved into mush. I'd call it a win.

Cooler weather is starting to roll in up here. We're in hoodie weather now.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
We had great weather yesterday as I almost got the pool house cleaned out !! We got down to 46 degrees in the morning and now its 49 right now but hope all on the east coast are safe for sure.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,474 Posts
Glad IceDragon didn't show up on funniest videos or local news.
Hah, I actually was on the local news recently, but for a better reason! Two stations were at our local drifting event and I made it onto one of them because my girlfriend and I are very animated when watching. We made for good B-roll footage apparently.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Can not believe that this past August was the 25th year of Cruising down Woodward Ave in Detroit !!! Pretty cool the almost 700 thousand people came out to see the cars of old !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Was going to post some pictures from my iphone, found that Apple now is using a proprietary file format. Called HEIC. Thanks Apple. Now i have a bunch of photos that won't show up on anything but the latest Apple products. Had to go to settings, then camera, then format and finally tap Most Compatible. That should change it back to JPEG/JPG format.

59901 - 59920 of 59946 Posts