Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vehicle audio Car Vehicle Center console Multimedia I know someone here can direct me to where I can find a 'quality', install kit for my new head unit! The one I ordered for my new JVC, has a pocket, and in general just looks like crap!
Its warped, flimsy and just plain cheap lookin', somebody save me before I am forced to fab something else!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i think they're all like that. i just use it to hold my remote or a couple of cd's. it actually comes in handy once in a while.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LowXB
Do you still like your head unit? Got the satellite to hook up to it also, just need to figure out how to hook up the ipod as well, the sat used the connection, would like to have both. great resolution on the screen too!

·
Registered
949 Posts
BoXBoy said:
LowXB
Do you still like your head unit? Got the satellite to hook up to it also, just need to figure out how to hook up the ipod as well, the sat used the connection, would like to have both. great resolution on the screen too!

Yeah i love it i just wish i had the new one the screen is just a little bit bigger and yeah the picture quality is great for a small screen...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have the same pocket but with the older JVC.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I just put mine in yesterday...i'll put up a pic in a sec

Normally I would defend my hu, but I'm more mature than before. Unless you are gonna supply me with a better one, then you know what you can do.(don't know where that came from)
Its out of my 626, until i decide to get another amp and the harness for the OEM one. I'd rather get a set of HIDs(wink) then get that other stuff when i don't need it.

BTW the board isn't resizing that big a$$ pic, and i hate side scrolling

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gears are turning!

I am now working on a plan to fab a ''centered'' mount kit, I will try to utilize the factory stereo mounting brackets, ..like they say. 'If ya want something done right, do it yourself!' Electronics Technology Electronic device Computer cooling

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
BoXBoy said:
I am now working on a plan to fab a ''centered'' mount kit, I will try to utilize the factory stereo mounting brackets, ..like they say. 'If ya want something done right, do it yourself!' View attachment 2642
I think that picture is bigger than the stereo that actually comes out of the car....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you try checking the manufacturer of the install kit to see if they offered another style. The local stereo shop around here only stocks the kits with the pocket but for most cars they can special order kits without.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This kit is just not very sturdy......

Trek777 said:
Did you try checking the manufacturer of the install kit to see if they offered another style. The local stereo shop around here only stocks the kits with the pocket but for most cars they can special order kits without.
NO, I really didn't like the quality of this brand of kit. The thing is not thick enough, it is very warped and cheap looking. I will try to find another mfg. but I may end up just fabing something myself!

I am also still trying to downsize my photos so they don't take up the whole page!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.