361 - 380 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yeah I remember. Ice Dragon was the person to talk to

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Jeff my plasti dipped dash piece around the a/c and radio still looks the same as it did about 3 years ago when I dipped it. Just use my West Coast Customs interior cleaner on it and it keeps the Dip smooth.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Good to hear it is still holding up.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Glad to see you are still around. Love your work.

·
Dyke in a Box
1,483 Posts
Yep, the box still happily rolls and it's been dipped a ton. In the summer I run the tower at a drag strip so I can make as many passes as I want, and flinging rubber has never been a bother.

Contemplating a K-spec kit from AITRacing.com this year when I redo the dip for a new theme. I've shattered the front lip on ice ruts this past winter and I'm craving a change.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
My project starts this weekend does anyone know if this stuff work decent?
Depends on what you are using it for. I used it one time to cover some soldered wires. Only because it was a T splice and I couldn't use shrink wrap on the wires.
Overall it did ok.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Looks like........................ Iron Man xB !!!!!!!! LOL

love the straight lines which means you.. took your time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Dyke in a Box
1,483 Posts
It's still in the garage curing but everyone who sees that pic is calling it an Ironman theme haha. The colorshift pearl is called Emporis but because it flips from gold to red and orange everyone calls it the Tony Stark pearl.

Pics will be forthcoming when it's all back together!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Your work never ceases to amaze me. Good job

·
Dyke in a Box
1,483 Posts
He's done! 4 gallons of black topped with a gallon of Carbon Red Pearl + Vegas Gold Holographic Microflake, and the stripes are Emporis colorshift over swirled black/red that was freehanded with rattle cans.

Attachments

·
Dyke in a Box
1,483 Posts
I'm sooooo proud of you, my dear!
Haha thanks! This is my fifth full dip on the xB and probably the worst session I've had in this recent muggy heat. Next year I'm going to ventilate the garage better and have an extended schedule so I'm not doing everything in one weekend. I already have ideas on what to do next.

The gold flake in the red really pops in the sunlight!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
AWESOME job done and no surprised you call your xB a he !!!!! I have always called our vehicles she but no matter !! Have you ever thought about doing this on the side to make more money for the .. Finer things in life ????

Sorry as I had to ask !!!

·
Dyke in a Box
1,483 Posts
AWESOME job done and no surprised you call your xB a he !!!!! I have always called our vehicles she but no matter !! Have you ever thought about doing this on the side to make more money for the .. Finer things in life ????

Sorry as I had to ask !!!
Haha, I've thought about doing it on the side but I don't want to have a job where I'm exposed to chemicals like this on a regular basis, plus I'm nowhere near a professional quality. I just do it for fun :D

361 - 380 of 380 Posts