Scion xB Forum banner
341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's better now, I guess its either the humidity or I didn't let it dry long enough between coats. Those products are supposed to make the plasti dip feel more like paint. Anyways im thinking about redoing it in suede along with some other pieces, maybe the whole top half of the dash, any thoughts about the dash, has anyone done it, I've seen your Al Bundy avatar in a lot of threads.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
So I used an interior cleaner and the plasti dip feels different smooth like actual paint almost. I guess it has some kind of protection like "Liquid Ice" or "Dip Protector".

·
**** in a Box
1,499 Posts
So I used an interior cleaner and the plasti dip feels different smooth like actual paint almost. I guess it has some kind of protection like "Liquid Ice" or "Dip Protector".
Which cleaner did you use? Meguiars Interior Dressing does well on dipped interior pieces.

I'm about to finish up dipping my girlfriend's Soul today before doing the xB this coming weekend.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Finally our Plasti Dip Guru makes an appearance. Glad to see your still around.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Semi-zombie thread!

Just wanted to share my project from last night- I originally dipped these last year in flat black, and was fairly happy. In the course of looking for new rims, really liked the look of bronze/ gold/ copper versions I saw, so, did a little research, and found the copper Metalizer dip. A couple hours, a refresh coat fo black, a can of Metalizer and some Glossifier, and I'm thrilled with the results!

Attachments

·
**** in a Box
1,499 Posts
Semi-zombie thread!

Just wanted to share my project from last night- I originally dipped these last year in flat black, and was fairly happy. In the course of looking for new rims, really liked the look of bronze/ gold/ copper versions I saw, so, did a little research, and found the copper Metalizer dip. A couple hours, a refresh coat fo black, a can of Metalizer and some Glossifier, and I'm thrilled with the results!
Badass color! I dig it.

·
yymandyy
1 Posts
Has anyone ever used Plasti-Dip on rubber? I want to color my weatherstips and no paint store or weather strip manufacture can suggest what to use. I need to find something that won't wear off from opening/closing the doors.

341 - 360 of 382 Posts