Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
HFD CLEVELAND
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be the hot new trend. Some people just do there wheels, some people do there entire car !

Lets make this thread entirely on Plastdipped xB's. Post PICS, ask questions, and share your Plastidip expiriences.

My first question is.....

Does anyone know if Plasti Dip helps protect your vehicle in winter months from salty roads and nasty weather, or will it trap more of the stuff you dont want underneath?

·
South Bound
1,064 Posts
I PlastiDip'd my wheels for the winter and I can say it does infact protect the wheels from road salt. I plan on dipping the whole car two tone in a month when it warms up

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
I love my dipped visors.... And my wheels looked bad ass dipped

Who's at the door

·
Hatebeard
168 Posts
A gent in my local club is doing his whole car for Sanitarium.
I'm not sure if he's on the forum, but I'll get pleanty of photos, and ask all the right questions about his process.

I'd also like to take this moment to point out what does not work for Plastidip, and that is using sand as a texture on your hood.
If you'd like to find out more, visit my how-not-to-do thread hijack here.: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46209&page=4

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
I wish I woulda known about plastidip before painting my entire interior.

Will plastidip hold up on brake calipers?
No too hot. Use engine paint

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Although plastidip is a great way to get an idea of a new look, do it temporarily, or even cheaply, it is an absolute ***** to get out of tight spaces.

I sprayed my OEM grill and spent 2 weeks getting it out of every crevice after it had been on for 2 years.

·
HFD CLEVELAND
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
um no... brakes rarely exceed 200* and Dip is good for over 300*...... ive had mine dipped for a few months now and they still look pretty good
Yeah i was wondering cause dude on dipyourcar.com had his exhaust tip sprayed and it was holding up.

Can u post pics?

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
um no... brakes rarely exceed 200* and Dip is good for over 300*...... ive had mine dipped for a few months now and they still look pretty good
the dip king has spoken,stand back. This guy here knows everything about everything so direct any questions at him directly.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
the dip king has spoken,stand back. This guy here knows everything about everything so direct any questions at him directly.
Called do a lil ****in research before saying something stupid

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Bad Choice McGee
240 Posts
Good to know about the brakes. I just want to make them not look like rust especially with my new rims coming.

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
I did my drums and calipers and they are still looking good... Want to put some pearlizer or one of the metal flake ones they havE

Who's at the door

1 - 20 of 382 Posts