Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some oddness found unexpectedly in junkyard today. Is this really a legit oem thing? Cupholder led harness housed in center console with switch mounted next to Ebrake handle facing up. I'm thinking of elongating the 2 switch wires and using center slot in lower dash for switch since it fits there. Harness plugs into blue unused connector in my console since manual and auto stick not using it for lighting.

20200511_170727.jpg
20200511_130136.jpg

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,509 Posts
Yep, that was a factory/dealer option in the 1st gen.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
918 Posts
Is this really a legit oem thing?
It is Scion part number 08526-52801 Cup Holder Illumination kit. The installation instructions show to remove the floor console and cut out the switch opening which is scribed there. I had it there originally, but moved it to under the oven.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I didn't want to cut on console so I elongated the switch wiring and moved it under the oven too. Happy to have found this. Found none of the under dash and under seat lighting the lava was supposed to have so this made up for not scoring any of that......

20200512_131120.jpg
20200512_161550.jpg
20200512_161614.jpg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm gonna put cupholder lights and the stereo display on mixer one night and check out how crazy that gets.........

just had chance to check it out tonite, pretty kooky.....had to go emerald ray on stereo and closest to that on cupholders. clear water bottle was fun.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going with factory green footwell lighting until the footwell/keyring kit can be found

1 - 6 of 6 Posts