Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Now we all know what our grille would look like totally smooth. Cool.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not even close to worth it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
would much rather see a diesel engine for power...would put the fuel mileage somewhere in the 50 to 65 mpg range.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
For an additional $55k it's not worth it by far. I've been looking (mostly waiting) for someone to convert the xB into an electric motor and this is a start. However, for that money I'd rather buy 2 Prius's...

Hell even the Cooper Mini electric conversion didn't cost that much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think I can fool someone into thinking my ride is electric and sell it for $30k and be happy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice idea though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
According to my calculations, driving 15000 miles a year, $2.25 a gallon, it would take somewhere in the neighborhood of 44 years to make it pay for itself over a 30 MPG stock xB. Not even close to worth it IMO. Somebody double check my calculations, I may be wrong?

·
Registered
869 Posts
padanky! i told you that would look cool!;) it was a vision of mine to have a smoothe grille now i see it and i like it alot........thats funny you put this thread on kuz a few months ago i was parking my at the store, and when i got out there was a lady walking up to me asking "is that one of those hybrid, electric cars?.....i said, "no, why?" then se said "because its soo quiet"...... i didnt know what se was talking about.....i thought my car was rather loud for a new car....lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
The eBox is powered by 635 pounds of lithium ion batteries that are cooled with air from the air conditioning

So add 635 lbs on top of the vehicle weight.

You have to run the AC 24x7 to kel the batteries.
But I assume the motor is removed....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.