Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is our families 06 xb. Bought her new November 1st, so far 4500 happy miles on her. No real mods yet, just wheels, Wade visors and factory options like bumper protector, nose mask and DIY cupholder lighting. The pics are sort of in chronological order, but I need new ones of the bB badging and the soon to come front and rear smoked sidemarkers. Hopefully in the next month or so: TRD or Hotchkis springs. Thanks for looking:

Camping trip:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I love tose scenery pics, and that cabin is the ISH!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Great photos! My wife and I just took our brand new xB all the way from Dallas to the Gulf Coast and back, and we packed in so much stuff that it was amazing.

I'm also very curious about the roof rack, cause I want one but I'm all weirded out about messing up the aesthetic of ther xB.

What make is it, and how much?

Easy to take on and off?

Could I put my bike up there?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think you're new, I haven't "seen" ya around here...so, hi and welcome to clubxB-the beginning of a new addiction.

Nice pics of the xB! Mine's a daily driver and family mobile, but we haven't traveled too far only to Pebble Beach.

Can't wait to get to know you and your xb!:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hubbard said:
Great photos! My wife and I just took our brand new xB all the way from Dallas to the Gulf Coast and back, and we packed in so much stuff that it was amazing.

I'm also very curious about the roof rack, cause I want one but I'm all weirded out about messing up the aesthetic of ther xB.

What make is it, and how much?

Easy to take on and off?

Could I put my bike up there?

Thanks again.
Thanks. :)

Tne roof rack we bought about a week after getting the car. I knew before hand that we would have to have one with thenumber of trips we take and the amount of gear required with 2 children. :) It's a Yakima rack and we got it for a really great deal from rackwarehouse.com. The fit kit, q-towers and crossbars came as a package for $229 I believe. The lock cores, basket, basket net, wind deflector and rack pads were all seperate and cost around $175-$200. I also got a set of snowbaord button downs off ebay for $20 that we use for winter trips. The nice thing is that even with the basket fully loaded, there is still room for bikes, surfboards or skis. The only real limitation is the weight limit which is 165 lbs. I love the way it looks on the box and it stays up there all thetime since we use it pretty much every weekend. It comes off as a whole unit in about 2 minutes, so it's pretty easy to remove.

I think you're new, I haven't "seen" ya around here...so, hi and welcome to clubxB-the beginning of a new addiction.

Nice pics of the xB! Mine's a daily driver and family mobile, but we haven't traveled too far only to Pebble Beach.

Can't wait to get to know you and your xb!
Thanks a bunch...I just registered today...found my way over from Scionlife, which has become pretty tedious.

AS for road trips.... we're a very active family, and besides the bi-monthly trips from Long beach to Sacramento, we've hit Joshua Tree, Truckee, Yosemite, San Luis Obispo and the central coast (near Hearst Castle). M-F it's my wifes commuter car. We've loved every second of ownership so far and it's a huge improvement over the 99 Isuzu Trooper we traded in for it.

Squirell, thanks for the compliments. The scenery shots were taken at Joshua Tree NP, but unfortunately the cabin was just a rental over christmas. :(

Camera is a Fuji s7000. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
caden_stargate said:
I like that snow picture. It's funny. (it's my 100th post!!!)
Haha, thanks. That was after 8 hours of overnight snowfall near Donner Summit, CA. There was no snow on the ground the evening before either. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.