Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to azynboi03 (Alan or Allen or Allan) for selling me this Kenstyle kit. I was worried that it wouldn't be in as good of condition as he said it was, no need to worry, it was awesome. He drove to meet me and we made the trade, my cash for his body kit. I loaded it up and headed home. Now all I gotta do is get it painted and mounted.

I also got my wing back from the paint shop today. It is going on tomorrow!!!

Thanks Alan, you rock!

The wing with paint..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Heh, the title made me think I'd pushed the wrong button and logged onto bmezine.com again. :D

Looks like interesting kit parts - you'll have to let us "look over your shoulder" as you put this all together.

Tomas

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
TAZ BUDY ITS NOT DOING ANY GOOD SITTIN ON THE FLOOR :confused:
BUST OUT THE RATTLE CAN & GO MAN GO LOLOLOL
THATS GOING TO LOOK SICK SICK I SAY :cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats on the big move!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EticketXb said:
Look Out HB here comes trouble............BTW whos doing all your paint work?
I am not sure yet, but I can tell you after the nightmare I had getting the wing painted by Maaco in Anaheim Hills it WON'T be them! Long story.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The is on!!!!!!

I got my wing mounted today. Here's a short little description of how to remove the stock wing and attach the new one. As always, if you do this to your Box and screw it up...it ain't my fault.

The first thing I would suggest is have someone there to help, it would make things a lot easier.

First, gotta clean the ride...

The old OEM wing. (it's up for sale if anyone wants it)

Step one, remove the plastic caps in order to reach the bolts that hold the wing on...

Once you have the caps removed you find...what a surprise...a 10 mm bolt!

Remove one on each side of the wing...

Once the bolts are removed you can pull the wing from the Box. It will take some effort since there is double stick molding tape holding it on...

Time to remove the double stick moulding tape. I used a heat gun, goo remover and some polishing compound...

I highly suggest you DO NOT use your thumb to try and rub the residue off...

OUCH:eek:

The old wing removed, the double stick moulding tape cleaned off and the paint cleaned, it's time for the new wing...

This new wing is held in place by lots and lots of 3m Moulding Tape (from the auto parts store, Home Depot doesn't carry the right kind)...

Lots and lots...

This is the part where having another set of hands would be nice. If not to help place the wing then to at least take pictures. Sorry you'll have to pretend you can see me lining it up and sticking it on...

The finished product!...

Does anyone else hear Rod Stewart singing..."if you think I'm sexy..." :D

I'm loving my new wing.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DTRAIN619 said:
Man, what difference! Now I really want one!!

Great write-up as always, Bro.
Thanks Dion, can't wait for you to see it in person on the 16th!

Vizage=sexy wing!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Nice write-up, nice job, looks good! :)

(And I'm probably the only one who recognized the spudger...) :D

Tomas

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.