Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Nice! I like the gauges on the left, do they replace the "idiot" lights?? I want to put something there too, just such a big dark void at night. Looking good!

I like your CA plates too! :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dtrain619 said:
Nice! I like the gauges on the left, do they replace the "idiot" lights?? I want to put something there too, just such a big dark void at night. Looking good!

I like your CA plates too! :cool:
Thanks it doesnt replace the idiot lights. BUt sure helps for everything else. It wasnt hard at all to put those in. You dont even need to remove the dash either:D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
What clean ride! I think the gauges are nice; since you didn't have to remove it from the dash is it just a piece (like the pillar ones) that just sits on top?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Xclusive_Scions said:
Thanks it doesnt replace the idiot lights. BUt sure helps for everything else. It wasnt hard at all to put those in. You dont even need to remove the dash either:D
The wheels are turning...... great idea! (We really need to get some DIY threads going.) So what are the gauges hooked up to?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dtrain619 said:
The wheels are turning...... great idea! (We really need to get some DIY threads going.) So what are the gauges hooked up to?
Gauges are Volt Meter, Oil Pressure, Water Temp. The Oil Pressure Gauge has a extension block at the oil filter made by Greddy. When I turn on the lights at night they are 6 different colors. I love them.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The gauges in the dash are definitely a very nice mod.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I'd like to do something like that, or at least some type of offset lighting for that spot. But yeah, I like the sound of the color-changing, that's got to be killer at night. Do you get alot of people trying to drive beside you to get a better look?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Xclusive_Scions said:
Not to often. My windows are so dark that you cant see inside of the car at night.
Better stay away from Squirrel when he's on duty! :D :D J/K I'm gonna figure out something that will give me some lighting in the area where the rearview mirrors controls are, plus some additional accent lighting.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Gauges look good!

When cutting the holes for the gauges, what is behind them, and much room is there. I was thinking about doing the same thing but I don't want to take the dash apart just to find a big empty space behind the area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.